Amazon Kindle Fire

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 51,155
DO you have some comprehension issues? When did I ever say/hint about anything against which you just posted?

from what i read you compared kindle fire to kindle. these are two different devices aimed at different audiences.never mind. you are part of that segment of the market who thinks that only Apple can create a new segment with a new product launch. everyone else has to have a product that should fit in a particular criteria. when kindle was launched a lot of people mocked it for trying to replace the books. and i see a similar tone in your post. it cannot do this. it cannot do that. i guess i should have simply ignored your post for being what it is...

I compared it to both the old kindle and the current tablets. Its a tablet with a Kindle brand name, so dont see why the comparison isnt justified. Its nothing worth noting about compared to either. Its not really much different than any other tablet except for Amazon cloud, Silk and price tag. Price tag I already agreed is a huge plus for it. And the cloud and silk arent something one can comment about until its out for general public.

The reason why I linked the first kindle is that Amazon has the power to sell something which is as crap as the original kindle. Fire on the other hand looks quite decent so I have no doubts about its sales. Ofcourse there will be (atleast) yearly refreshes of this model. But as it stands right now, its not that great. And still I'm not dissing it totally. In fact I already said I'll grab one without thinking twice if it was available for $200 here in india. Its a good product without any doubt. Just not something groundbreaking.

Oh and sorry I snapped onto you like that. Not having the best of days here at the office right now. Not an excuse, but still wanted to let you guys know..

----------

Oh and you are completely wrong about me being a blind fanboy. I appreciate quality. I dont hate google just coz its not Apple. Like you seem to doing with anything apple just coz its made by apple.

sadly it is only available on sale in the US market. and would probably be useless here in india because of the storage limitations and the software and of course the non availability of Amazon prime and similar services. though, it remains to be seen how soon it is hacked to run stock android builds where it could shine.

reports are pretty strong that Amazon store is opening in india next year. but that is unlikely to change things related to their digital services. it would be awesome if they have something like Amazon Prime in india with international media offerings.

I guess they will launch digital services as well when they launch in India. In fact its easier to launch digital services considering supply chain issues in India. Whats your take??

it was above USD 100 before even for the ad-supported version. and 5 million units would be sold in a matter of weeks if not a month.

Back