Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Kindle? Through Amazon India. Finally shipped today or yesterday so I am guessing they planned it to reach customer by February 4 which is the official launch date for India!

My Kindle has arrived but is lying at friend's place. Would only get it later tonight. The case from eBay India has not arrived yet. I wonder if this device needs a screen protector too... Any Kindle touchscreen owners here? -- Just got this mail.
Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we havehanded your item(s) "Ultra Slim Magnetic Flip Leather Case pouch Cover forAmazon Kindle Paperwhite " to the Courier, and that this completes your order.Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed.
I guess it is not landing here today as the listing promised :)

their online store does not seem to have any such offer.

They should have a scheme in which we can exchange old kindle devices for new ones.
I want to upgrade my Kindle 6'' E-ink reader to new Kindle Paperwhite.
They have a Trade-In store for US in which we can sell our old gadgets to Amazon for a credit certificate.
This type of store should also be launched in India.

I guess with time. Sure there are a lot of Kindle owners in India who got their units from the international market. But for Amazon, this is just the second generation model being sold here in India.In any case, do you really want Amazon to buy back your perfectly working Kindle for 500-1000 rupees?

Haha.. No way.. My Kindle reader is scratchless.Its just I want to upgrade becoz a new model is available. No way I would sell it off to Amazon for 500-1000.I would expect atleast half the price of MRP for my old Kindle.

Well. That is not going to happen here in India. Best is to sell the unit on OLX/eBay/Friend/Cousin because most buyback schemes in India are usually lame.

Back