Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Looks like I am getting myself new speakers as well. Looking at the time right now, it seems unlikely that he is dropping my speakers to my place on the way to his office. Just got the confirmation. The money was refunded to the account for returned Kindle.

I was hoping it would land today. Down with viral and it is frustrating to rest in bed. Still not arrived.

It has landed! Woo. Fingers crossed for a defect free unit! brrr. the bottom of the display is darker than the rest of the area. and there is a minor defect in the display right in the center of the screen. considering what to do. freaks.

You are one unlucky guy man! I would have returned this too and be done with it.It's sold by Croma too right? You might Want to pick It up from a store and physically check it there itself.

heh. right. i have tweeted to Amazon india. they usually never respond to queries. i would probably send it back and keep ordering new units. :D

chromaniac said:
It has landed! Woo. Fingers crossed for a defect free unit!brrr. the bottom of the display is darker than the rest of the area. and there is a minor defect in the display right in the center of the screen. considering what to do. freaks.
Bad luck again. :numbness:
It seems to me that all the units of Kindle paperwhite are defective.
I dropped my idea of upgrading from kindle e ink reader to paperwhite after reading your reviews :peaceful:

Just going to say here that I am talking about very minor defects that would be hard to capture on the camera to showcase here.

This time the replacement option is available. I am going to try it once more before giving up completely. Amazon can go to hell.

Or maybe not.

Applied for refund. I wish there were eink devices powered by Android lol.

Well yeah. Though I am not sure if it is considered a defect for Kindle Paperwhite devices.The other problem is hard to catch in images but is quite noticeable in plain backgrounds. It's something like a 5mm long cut. Something like a scratch but inside the display and not on the surface. Again hard to explain.

Back