Android Smartphone in the range of Rs. 15-20000

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Looking for some buying advice on an Android Phone.Here are my requirements -Has to be Android and should be able to upgrade to the latest.Should be easily rooted and I should be able to switch between the rooted OS and the stock OS.Budget is 15-20k.The built-in DAC and Headphone Amplifiers have to be decent as I plan to sell my Cowon iAudio 9 player to arrange for some funds.I plan to develop Android Apps on it as well, so have to be hacker friendly.There are 2 phones I am currently considering -HTC V OneSamsung Galaxy Nexus.I prefer the Galaxy Nexus as it comes with the stock Android from Google.Please let me know what other phones, I can consider.

Upvote 0
I am not too sure how open Sony would be, given that the Vaio laptops are crippled in hardware and the PS3 is also a terribly closed system. I am not expecting Sony to be hacker friendly. Plus quite a few things in their hardware are proprietary and specific to Sony.

Upvote 0
Actually the Xperia S can be a good choice too. You can get an imported no warranty model for ~21k. Even if you have doubts about Sony's openness, the Xperia S is definitely going to have good open support because of being added to AOSP as mentioned in the article. As compared to the Galaxy Nexus, you'd get a much better camera, 32GB storage, better processor, much better GPU. Screen will be smaller but more PPI.

Upvote 0
right. unless you are used to a 4.7" or larger display on your phone, there is no issues in going for a slightly smaller display size. :D

Upvote 0
i am not an expert but there are basically two popular technologies. amoled and lcd. amoled is supposed to be battery efficient as it displays pure black. as in black areas are not lighted at all so they are pure black :\ something like that. lcd has better colors. looks better in sun light. but is not as efficient. i could be totally wrong though. samsung usually use amoled. htc mostly use lcd.

Upvote 0

Back