Any one have Idea how to get FM licence

• Thread starter Thread starter companion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 56,031
India is unlike many western countries where getting an FM station licence is easy. India fears that independent radio might be used in exposing govt wrongdoings, thats why it fears giving licenses to small individuals or orgs.

thanx...but getting license g\for comuunity radio for and individual is very hard and complicated in india but reforms in these laws shud be done for the betterment of our country

FM Community Radio Station - For Education Intuitions

cost is not given..and range also

and also wanna know whether we can individually setup community radios without license and if so how much money for license ...can a individual can afford it?

and also wanna know whether we can individually setup community radios without license and if so how much money for license ...can a individual can afford it?
No. Only NGO's and educational institutions of three years standing allowed to set up community FM radio. of 50W power. You will be arrested if you set up any kind of Broadcast station in India. No question of a license., and you will be a "sitting duck" to trace !
cost is not given..and range also
I had given the link .
of one company after google search for 20 minutes getting the proper search term.

Now the range depends on weather ,the antenna used, power ,output/line of sight, terrain etc. For Price you can email the company.

how i can be traced by police and wat charges will be imposed on the convicted?

Read the Indian Wireless telegraph Act. The POLICE won't tell the "Lawbreaker" how he was caught! Sorry, No more comments/inputs from me.

indian govt shud give freedom to people for atleast fm ...and i came to know that for license u have to give atleast 4-6 lakhs..but after thta how many fm stations can we setup?

Hi guyz, I wud like to know whether we hav to get any official licences for broadcasting inside a building block using fm. we are going to conduct a technical symp in our college and we are goin to air the announcements in tat fm inside our campus (only single block)

@sir_lon Contact TF (044)24960275 or TF 24960234 on working days/during working hours after 1000AM. Try tomorrow. If the power is less than 100 mW, permission may not be necessary. FM B/C band is very crowded now, ( 88-108 MHz), and every likely hood your broadcast is heard in a radius of 1 Km ( depending on power/antenna height etc). Use a very short indoor antenna at ground level / GF room level.Post details of the Fm transmitter being used. Min Power freq to use /commercial / "homebrewed" in lab.Check with College authorities , whether they have an experimental Wireless license issued by WPC. Contact ANNA University Guindy "Electronics Dept". May be they can give you some info.

thanks 4 ur reply ..my college dose'nt have any licence..u have given one no ..wats tat TF mean..v r only checkin tat one ..its under process ..4 tat fm trx specification v have assembled t circuit by ourself..can u suggest some redymade circuit...It should cover 2 or 3 floors only..but reception must be good...

Back