ANY PEERING SPEED CONNECTION IN HOWRAH?

• Thread starter Thread starter ConfusedGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,737
ISP
BSNL
Hello there.
I'm in desperate need of an internet connection which can provide peering speeds during downloads. I live in Andul area of Howrah. I'm using BSNL broadband for the past 3 years, paying over 800 rupees per month with speeds in the range of 256kbps-512kbps. But I've seen my friends getting speeds in excess of 1mbps while downloading torrents with this stuff called "peering speed". They say Alliance provides this kind of magic stuff in Kolkata but I don't live in kolkata and hence my downloading speed EVEN during torrents is like 20kbps-30kbps which is pathetic. Please suggest me a way out. I really need help. Which are the good connections which I can try out here in Howrah?
Thanks.

Do you have any other provider in your area ? If not, you will have to live with this speed.

@ MeetDilip:- I've Siti Broadband in my area but don't know how far it's good . Is there any BSNL plan which provides peering or any other mainstream national brands like Vodafone,Airtel,Dongle,Tata Photon etc etc....
Even as I read the unlimited plans for SITI I see it's somewhat similar to that of BSNL. I just want this peering stuff which would give 256kbps during normal downloads but over 1mbps while torrenting.

BSNL does not have any such plans (as far as I know). They normally discourage the use of torrents.

Back