Any update or information about excitel 500 Mbps and 1Gbps plan along with their landline plans in 2022?

Baby Clasher

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Vi
Airtel
Jio
BSNL
I am very curious that why won't middle level ISP's like excitel etc. Are unable to provide speeds higher than 300 Mbps? I get it "there are not a lot of users for 100+ plan" but can't they do it for people like me who need a lot of bandwidth? Because they claim "we have a very high capacity backbone capable of 1Gbps per user" but we all know they are not providing anything above 300 Mbps like Airtel, Jio etc.

I see every major ISP which is providing speeds above 300 Mbps are only having 1Gbps? Like Airtel has 300 Mbps - 1Gbps plan and in between nothing. But Jio & Tata Sky both have 500 Mbps and 1Gbps. Why telcos can't provide more speed options between 300Mbps and 1Gbps as it would let more users in by giving them more choices not just one 500 Mbps plan in between. Please someone explain in detail.

I'm hearing the news since 2019 that excitel will bring 500 Mbps, 1Gbps plan as well as Landline service since 2019 and we're about to hit 2022 but still nothing about 500Mbps plan or even landline. What's happening? Anyone from excitel or anyone else could explain in detail? Any timeline by which we can expect these three or any two of these things?

The answer is simple demand for plans like 1gbps or 500 mbps is less compared to plans which are more value for money. Excitel ceo once said in an interview they can also give 1gbps plan but market for the same is limited. Spectra and airtel have 1gbps plan since long but they won't be having much customers on that as india is price sensitive market and not everyone can afford ₹4000+gst plan. Sorry i missed that u already posted answer in ur post.

I kind of agree. If airtel has infra for supporting 1gbps plan in an area, then they just need make a new plan! Everything is already done.

when i got access to one of Excitel's routers, i saw that peak usage over entire network which includes multiple LCOs and hundreds of users was 3Gbps, usually around 1.5-2Gbps.

almost everyone were on lower plans such as 50 or 100mbps it looks like.

besides, Gigabit with 3-4TB datacap sounds kinda lame.

Atleast Landline services can be launched, everyone knows telecom operators are hiking mobile plan tariffs. It would be good opportunity for them to launch voice services at lower costs.

india is price sensitive market and not everyone can afford ₹4000+gst
I get it but you know what could have been better is the 3.3 TB cap. Although it's very hard for a normal household to cross that but for geeks like us it feels like we are bounded by data caps. At least they can increase data FUP as per plan (ex - 3.3 TB for 100 Mbps, 5 TB for 300 Mbps and 10 TB for 1Gbps) then the prices 3999+gst can be justified. Or maybe make the plans cheaper for 3.3 TB FUP like 1499 for 300 Mbps, 1999 for 500 Mbps, 2999 for 1Gbps. I think it would be great if Indian ISP'S are able to get down their 1Gbps plan prices to 2999₹ as it'll make the 500 Mbps plan more cheap and the userbase will grow rapidly. We all know in India mobile data rates are cheapest but when it comes to broadband we aren't the cheapest. (Example - At&T provides 1Gbps for 60 dollars a month which is equal to 4400₹ and truly unlimited (no 3.3 TB stuff) and in India we get the same plan for 4000₹ but with 3.3 TB capping. I feel prices of broadband plans above 300 Mbps should go down in India so that more users can take the plan. What you guys think? Let me know. As I mentioned 2 things above if you're unable to decrease plan prices then increase the data caps so it is justified.

Back