Anyone had success in using BSNL 3G SIM from South Zone in West Zone ?

• Thread starter Thread starter netguru1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,871
I would much appreciate this information as well, netguru1. Please provide me the details of how I can use a Tamil Nadu SIM in MP zone. I thank you in advance! :)

Edit: Do you know if I recharge my Tamil Nadu SIM online but while I am in Madhya Pradesh, it will work? I mean I would like to know if you have some experience recharging online while on roaming to another circle. Thank you! ^_^

Details PMed

I've recharged online while roaming..works perfectly fine.

Just came back from BSNL office after meeting the person from the network operations center.

I explained him the problem..he took my cellphone inside..was back in 10 minutes..and boom....data access started working :)

He mentioned that the parameters on the SIM card had to be changed in their system. He said this should not have been needed and they would fix in next 10-15 days and it has appeared due to the MNP changes in the system. He had to sync up with someone in Bangalore for this. This can happen on any sim card from BSNL south zone to be used in BSNL west zone.

So if anyone else is facing similar problem.. PM me and I can give more details.

was very satisfied with the kind of service I got ...not at all expected from BSNL. I went to BSNL office, Vastrapur branch, Ahmedabad.

i too need the information...pls...

Hey netguru, seems like i am stuck in the same rut as almost everyone in this thread.I have a Bsnl 3g prepaid sim boughtfrom Gujarat, it is not connecting to net here, in Lucknow, Up, although the tower signal is full.I have tried texting GPRSPRE to 53733. nothing has come out of it.does the solution lies in changing apn, ( i use bsnlnet) ?

Sir, been facing the same problem with Five different BSNL SIMs belonging to UPW circle (North Zone). same status since past one year. Surprising thing is, even Blackberry services fail to connect while in Mumbai/Gujarat. CC wasnt of any help. I am right now in my home circle and have access to the CSC exchange. Can you plz tell me what parameter needs to be changed at their end?

Thanks. [email protected]

I am also facing a similar problem , i can make calls but can't access data.

i should contact with whom in the bsnl office?
will the person at the csc be able to help (who sells the sim/activates etc)?

I'm also facing the same problem. Could you please share the details PMed by netguru.
Thanks in advance

Back