Anyone interested to play Far Cry 2 (LAN)?

• Thread starter Thread starter deathspell
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,636

deathspell

ISP
BSNL
I have a VPN server running on my network. If anyone is interested to play Far Cry 2 (the downloaded version would work fine) over LAN, post here and I'll set up accounts for you. My connection is HOME UL1300 so I guess it should be alright for 3 - 5 players.Also let me know when is a good time for you. I'll host the server when there's atleast 3 players ready.If you're into any other recently released games that supports LAN play, let me know. I'll see about hosting them.

Host a more common game like COD4 PLZ PLZ

I have a VPN server running on my network. If anyone is interested to play Far Cry 2 (the downloaded version would work fine) over LAN, post here and I'll set up accounts for you. My connection is HOME UL1300 so I guess it should be alright for 3 - 5 players.

Also let me know when is a good time for you. I'll host the server when there's atleast 3 players ready.

If you're into any other recently released games that supports LAN play, let me know. I'll see about hosting them.

Hey, I am interested. I am online most of the time, especially in the evenings from 6pm. Do tell me the things that I need to do..!

Hey, I am interested. I am online most of the time, especially in the evenings from 6pm. Do tell me the things that I need to do..!

PM sent with login information.

Hey even am intrested,. am also online after 7pm almost everyday..

Hey even am intrested,. am also online after 7pm almost everyday..

Login information sent.

----------

Instructions for connecting.

Install this LAN Messenger (you wont be able to access websites, IM, etc when connected to my VPN due to limited bandwidth availability)

-- link removed -- (Install this and have it ready so you can chat with me and the

other gamers)

----------------

Now to connect to the VPN (This is for XP but its almost the same in vista)

1. Go to control panel > network connections
2. Create new connection
3. Connect to the network at my workplace
4. Virtual Private Network Connection
5. Company name - VPN
6. Hostname - ************

And the connection is setup.

======================== login credentials ======================
Username: *********
Password: *********
=================================================================

Once you connect to my network, you can go to ipconfig and see what IP you got and you can specify that in Outlook Messenger. Once you are ready, I will host the Far Cry 2 server.

Above is the information to connect. If you understand this, you can send me a private message to get the hostname, username and password.

Note: You will not be able to open any websites, etc when you connect to my VPN. This is the way I have it set up because my connection is 512kbps. This does not mean you are disconnected. You will be able to access my local network and you should be able to see me on Outlook Messenger.

WARNING: Do not have any shared folders with write access or share any sensitive information. You will be connecting to my network like the other gamers so its adviced to protect your network shares or turn them off completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude.. torrent download is so slow.. its downloading at a speed of 3kbps.. seed if possible

PM sent with login information.

Received your information via PM. But I have a few question which is included there. Please answer them. ;)

----------

Hey, I had set the program up as you had adviced. I dowloaded the software and installed it. I had also set up the VPN from Control panel. And its working well. I got connected to your VPN server without any problems. But I cant see you online. And whenever I am opening the Outlook Messenger, it tells me that "None of the users are online". It also tells something like "Make sure there is a firewall exeption and the ip address is entered". I have added Outlook Messenger in Windows Firewall execption. So where is the problem..?

I've never played games online. On top of that, my connection is the 500 rs one, so during the day it is charged. Any idea how many MBs (roughly) would it use up if I used it to play games during the daytime?In any case my PC won't run Far Cry 2; its 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, but the graphics card is 128 MB ATI Radeon onboard. Actually I'm more interested in playing an older game, called AliensVsPredator, which used to run even on my previous computer, that's why I thought I'd post here. I've got both AVP 1 and 2, though I haven't played AVP 2 much, and its heavy. It is often cited as one of the scariest games ever made; there's so much darkness you can't see anything.

HIiiiiiiiI m ONLINE GAMING fanI have just bought FIFA 09 orignal game for online gamingI play FIRST TO FIGHT , RISE OF NATIONS , America;s Army ( IT CAN BE DOWNLOAD AND PLAYBLE ONLINE ) , Fifa 09I will buy COD 5 orignalTry to get ...all gameI have 1 question,.,,,,Does LAN game work in all india ???

Back