Anyone on Asianet Broadband Fiber here?

• Thread starter Thread starter coolsam07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 43,181
@Sammy 3 weeks worth of calls to customer care though. 4 different technicians. They still default to their 'other' connection for new users.

Then again, latency does not affect Netflix/YouTube like it does other applications. Downloads also work fine.

My brother plays valorant(or Cs go) and I've never seen him so happy lmao

As for me, no voice drops in meetings. No more robotic sounds. No more getting kicked out because of 'network problems'.
those tests are really good.
even in ipv6 bsnl ftth i dont get such good pings.. at its best i would have 10ms more than yours. Sometimes even worse. Latency to banglaore is like 50ms.

route propagation is local for asianet isn't it .I mean their noc is situated at thrivandum and they are using kochi vsnl for transit purposes and all. So everything is locally done for them .only thing to lookout is the packet loss and speeds

Idk much about these things you guys talk about but I am having ping spikes and other issues literally every 10 minutes and then I would have to restart the router. It's Asianet broadband Genexis-Platinum 4410. FK ASIANET BB. I did the cmd test (IDK what its called) and connected to the google DNS server I guess (8.8.8.8) and got a F****** 100% packet loss. Got good results with google.com tho. What would be the reason (in layman's terms)? What should I do? Contact ISP? I've been playing several multiplayer games and suddenly I would be kicked out of the game into the lobby. I'm fking done restarting the modem!

i guess they don't want you to use google dns or its a routing issue. try 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9

for router issue, i think there are issues with ONT running out of memory due to logs. Not sure if your's is affected

Idk much about these things you guys talk about but I am having ping spikes and other issues literally every 10 minutes and then I would have to restart the router. It's Asianet broadband Genexis-Platinum 4410. FK ASIANET BB. I did the cmd test (IDK what its called) and connected to the google DNS server I guess (8.8.8.8) and got a F****** 100% packet loss. Got good results with google.com tho. What would be the reason (in layman's terms)? What should I do? Contact ISP? I've been playing several multiplayer games and suddenly I would be kicked out of the game into the lobby. I'm fking done restarting the modem!
There is some issues with asianet in with their noc. Maybe that's why there is lots of packet loss .I am also getting facing similar issues for 2 three days connections drops, only come back when modem is restarted. They have also shared an SMS stating that there are issues with their server they are working to fix it.also they say restarting ont when issues happens. I am using google dns as the primary one , I am not having any issues with it. But they are doing some kind of selective icmp blocking that's why pings are not getting ,even i cannot ping to sites all results in packet loss but sites just works fine

I have a few relatives in EKM who have been having issues for months now. Crazy jitter, packet loss and they get like 20-30mbps on their 100mbps connection. Asianet is expanding like crazy and crumbling at the same time. Similar to what Kerala vision was facing a few months back.

They are blocking git access via ssh since yday, cant push code for work on connection. Had to use mobile net to do so.
Very poor customer care response since last week too, I originally plannd to pay 6 months for unlocking the 4000gb per month plans, but they are asking 1500 activation charge when payng for 6 months too. But seeing this lack of response, I have my doubts if they are doing cash grab to nuke my speeds afterwards.
Getting 80-90mbps fairly often after ages on cable, they limited connection to 50 on my last plan change even though they told me 100, feeling like current speeds I am getting is some oversight by them

Asianet has bee pretty stable for me . getting consistent 100 mbps on the 4000gb plan even during peak times almost all sites. But for past 3 4 days their has been issues packet loss, connection loss, but they messaged me saying common issues. Today upon callback they said about fiber issues at on of their nocs. and they said they are fixing it region by region by this midnight.

So what was the total cost for shifting to unlimited plan? 4992 + 1500? or did they tax the activation too?
I am skeptical whether they will push me back to 50 mbps on cable connection even though it currently supports 100, have been trying to get them to confirm me the cost and upgrade for me, but twice they put me on hold and call was cut before they finalized, so hard to get them on line, because of the other areas in kochi with connection issues.

I finish my 500gb monthly with 720p streaming and game downloads, i hate looking to see if I used more than 16gb everyday. Want to upgrade to 4k screens

Back