Aptv- Wrong Decision-Very Confused??

• Thread starter Thread starter clanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,170

clanx

ISP
BSNL Home 500 Combo
Hi Dudes,I just purchased Airtel Digital tv this Sunday. i went to a local dealer around 4 pm. I enquired about the other brands. Only 2 were in my mind either Tata Sky or Adtv. Tata sky cost 1999 for installation and no free subscription. We have to pay around 220 - 300(approx) every month. But in Adtv, there was a offer for 6 months subscription free for South mega. The Dealer advised me to go with 3500. i was also convinced. but when I called up Airtel Customer care. A Lady spoke and told that The South Mega pakage also has the offer. it costs 2500. I was not sure about the logic she explained me. She said, I don't need to pay anything for 6 months after which I need to pay 235 pm. She also confused me that i need to pay around 9rs to 10 rs as daily rental. I think the amount is divided on daily basis with the taxes. The installation was so quick, the guyz came at 5.30 sharply. The installation was quite ok. The Guyz were not very knowledgeable. When they installed everything, i asked about syncing the remote with Tv.They told It didn't work, since your Tv is not an Indian make(Grundig). I was very frustrated. Then they explained about the basic stuffs on how to change channels..blah.blah.blah. I asked about recharging the remaining 750, for which they informed me to do after 24 hours. They activated the service immediately. On Monday around 10 pm, I recharged the remaining 750 through their website. It showed recharged but it would take some time to be shown on the stb. I have many questions on my mind, i tried reaching Customer care, but they are not picking up the calls..1) Will I be charged during these 6 months. Since In my package they have also included ESPN top up package. Should I need to pay for the ESPN package every month.2) I am also very confused about the recharge cards. i would like to know how their concept of recharging works. I mean, If I have to pay 235 pm, should i get a recharge card of 250. Then what about the remaining 15rs. Will it be shown in my Balance.3) I am also very worried about the customer service, Can i get any Nodal Managers nos or their E-mail address. I just want to have a clear Communication with Airtel Guyz about my Billing.4) What are the probs of changing the package after 6 months. Can i opt for a Basic pack(99 PM) and get a couple of Top ups. Do I need to pay for any plan change.Just help me guyz. You must have come across many Newbies like me. I would like you Guyz to guide me in the Right way. Eagerly waiting for your replies!!!

you didnt need to pay any think till 6months, but if u want to add any other packs then you have to recharge.recharge cards are avalable in the market of 100, 200, 300........, just buy any card and call c.c.(18001028080) in simple steps you can rechare you adtv like you rechare your mobile.if you have to pay 225pm then you get the rechare of 300 and 225 will reduce from your balance and remaining 75rs will be remaining in your a/c, for remaining balace u can call c.c of adtv.airtel digital c.c. is very helpful but after 6pm thier network will be busy so try to call in afternoon.yes you can change your pack after 6months acoording to your wish.:thumbsup:

Thanks for ur reply @pankajp

1) My Doubt is they have included ESPN top up package along with my free subscription. Do i need to pay for that also.'

2) I am not able to Login to Airtel Digital Tv website in spite of registering, It shows as Service temporarily not available. this happens whenever I logged In.

3) yesterday i recharged through their Website around 11.30 PM. First a 250 card and then a 500 card. My balance is showing as -500 in my STB.

Finally I was able to Sync my Tv remote with the Airtel Remote. it was a piece of Cake Sync. Done it within a Minute. Those Airtel guyz didn't even try it and said it's not compatible(maybe they don't know how to do it)

Once again Thanks for your Reply!!!!!:):)

no you don't need to pay for ESPN top up
I am able to login in the website https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/ this is the url
don't worry it will update itself it takes time to get updated balance in STB
My STB shows -850 altough 2 days before I recharged with Rs.1000/-
CC is the best part of airtel haven't faced any problem till date
the guys that installed ADTV in my house were really professional and set the remote itself even without asking.
They might not have tried setting up remote after seeing your Brand of TV

@vIjAy_kHaSa

Thanks 4 ur Reply.

After seeing ur reply, Am getting a Lot of Hope for Airtel. Let's see if they keep up their Customer satisfaction.

In the mean time, Can we use this Set top Box for using the IPTV service.I don't think we can use this, becoz the STB in IPTV was looking Different. Was just curious. If we ask 4 a connection, will they replace this Stb for the IPTV sTB or do we need to get a new STB for that?

no they will not replace the STB if you subscribe for IPTVIPTV settop box is totally diff from DTH STB you will need to buy new STB for thatdon't know about Airtel IPTV but BSNL IPTV sucks it's STB will require restarting every 1 hour to work fine

Back