Are mobile service providers really processing porting requests ???

• Thread starter Thread starter kms_vizag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,699

kms_vizag

ISP
bsnl
Are mobile service providers really processing porting requests ???
I don't think so. They let your UPC code expire quoting some stupid reason (easiest is to mislead the customer that the donor operator is not releasing your number, which MAY not always be the TRUTH, as I have seen in case of Vodafone) and make u re-submit your application with another UPC code and frustrate you till you say quits, enough is enough.

Are Mobile Service providers CONTENT with porting charges ???
Well, the answer seems YES, w.r.t Vodafone.

They seem more than happy with Rs.30, Rs.50 or Rs. 100 (depending on the service provider) they get as one-time charges (at the time of applying) for porting into their networks + FRC, and not really interested in getting customers into their network.

well, (MNP charges) is pure income without potential outgo (as the port-in will not be processed) in the form of special offers like outgoing usage /data offered with MNP so it helps boost their overall profitability figures in financial statements !!

In essence, current strategy of mobile service providers w.r.t to MNP seems to be "lock in the price paid by potential port-in requests, which is 100% profit (excluding cost price of sim-cards))".

All this only seems to be carefully executed strategy of a few companies... to make MNP a failure and suck customers...

I ported my number 3 times.. I've also ported 3 other numbers of my family members.. And I faced problem of rejection only once when I was porting my number from Loop to Vodafone.. I re-applied for it.. It was done..I don't think these companies are purposefully rejecting MNP applications..

Back