Are TS Actve Services really usefull????

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishekk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,224

Abhishekk

Regular
ISP
YOU Telecom
Now-a-days TS people always say that there are limitations on transponder capacity. Then y r they wasting it on Actve services??Do people buy TS for learning ENGLISH, or to download Ringtones, or to learn coocking??We have playstations for games, English coaching classes, and cookery shows are there on every channel... and also websites which provide every download for free....Has TS forgotten the basic purpose behind buying a DTH?? i.e. to see more channels and in gr8 quality??Why they dont conc. on adding channels in stead of these useless Actve services????

You need to understand basic of transmission before raising this topic. Even if they remove ACTIVE services, they cannot add TV channel there, because, ACTIVE services comes in kbps bandwidth, while TV channel needs Mbps (2-4 Mbps).
Generally in every Transponder (TP) spectrum is divided such that all type of channnels (Movies, Music, GEC, Sports, etc) can be broadcast with fully use of spectrum of that TP. And after that in remaining space which is in kbps, they put data service (ACTIVE service). So even if they dont add data service, that space would be wasted, as TV channel cannot be accomodated.
So if you dont like ACTIVE service, dont press RED key or ACTIVE key on remote :)

You need to understand basic of transmission before raising this topic. Even if they remove ACTIVE services, they cannot add TV channel there, because, ACTIVE services comes in kbps bandwidth, while TV channel needs Mbps (2-4 Mbps).
Generally in every Transponder (TP) spectrum is divided such that all type of channnels (Movies, Music, GEC, Sports, etc) can be broadcast with fully use of spectrum of that TP. And after that in remaining space which is in kbps, they put data service (ACTIVE service). So even if they dont add data service, that space would be wasted, as TV channel cannot be accomodated.
So if you dont like ACTIVE service, dont press RED key or ACTIVE key on remote :)

But i am forced to pay for the active services which i dont use.. There must be a separate pack like Mega Actve pack which contains only Actve services and other packages containing only TV Channels

But i am forced to pay for the active services which i dont use.. There must be a separate pack like Mega Actve pack which contains only Actve services and other packages containing only TV Channels
Forced to pay? how?
Excpet ACTIVE learning is paid service, which is optional. If anybody wants the can subscribe for it. Other ACTIVE services is Free in base pack. (DTH India - Tata Sky DTH Channel Packages).
If you are thinking that they take out ACTIVE service from base pack and reduce base pack price, then by taking out these services, price would not be reduced even by Re 1. As these services belong to Tata Sky so they dont have to pay any third party provider.

I agree with SVK, if u dont wanna subscribe to Active services dont subscribe and few active services like games, mall, doordarshan are FREE in base pack.

Back