Are you using airtel broadband unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter max9595
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,407

max9595

ISP
Airtel broadband
I live in bangalore and i am planning to get airtel broadband unlimited. They said transfer rate will be 256kbps. Most of my download are from torrents so do you know what will be the download speed in torrents. consider the case i am downloading in public tracker and there are many seeds obviously i would get good download speed. what is the top download speed i can expect in airtel broadband. Thanks for your time.:bowtoyou:

Well I have 512 kbps connection, the avg speed I get is around 57-58 kBps, Since yours is a 256 kbps connection, you are likely to get around 29-30 kBps speed.

yeap. never faced a problem with speeds in airtel... you can easily expect 90% of the said speeds. in some cases you might get as much as 105-110% :)

yeap. never faced a problem with speeds in airtel... you can easily expect 90% of the said speeds. in some cases you might get as much as 105-110% :)

so which tariff you are using. do you download anything using torrent

i am on 512k day time and 1mbps night time. i use torrents, ftp, email, browsing... never faced any problem.

I used to get speeds fluctuating between 30-35 kbps on my torrent downloads when i was on 256 Kbps connection.

i am on swift 1099 plan in bangalore, its 512kbps unlimited/100gb fup both day n night. its gives almost ~60KBps upload n download on torrents. Only issue i saw is, upload drops to 256kbps ( 32KBps ) if u try to upload to servers based in USA . Download is always good even for USA based servers, hovers around 500kbps ( ~60KBps)

Seriously now, someone needs to pursue further this anti-FUP march against airtel. Tomorrow they will advertise 2mbps speed and will introduce a fair speed policy which says that after 5 minutes, speeds will be dropped to 56kbps. Who should decide fair usage, Airtel? Its sad..

i am on swift 1099 plan in bangalore, its 512kbps unlimited/100gb fup both day n night. its gives almost ~60KBps upload n download on torrents. Only issue i saw is, upload drops to 256kbps ( 32KBps ) if u try to upload to servers based in USA . Download is always good even for USA based servers, hovers around 500kbps ( ~60KBps)

Wait, so only upload speeds were affected with fair use policy?

Back