• Replies Replies 223
  • Views Views 16,606

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/current/story/644797.html
Mickey Arthur has been sacked as Australia's head coach less than three weeks before the start of the Ashes. Cricket Australia is yet to officially announce the decision but the chief executive James Sutherland and general manager of team performance Pat Howard are due to hold a press conference in Bristol on Monday morning (UK time) to confirm the move.
Darren Lehmann, the successful Queensland coach, is considered a leading contender to replace Arthur at short notice. Lehmann is in England having just finished a tour as mentor of the Australia A outfit and has won rave reviews for the tough and somewhat old-school approach he has taken with Queensland since he was appointed in 2011.
But whatever the case, the axing of Arthur has left the Australian camp in a shambles on the eve of the Ashes campaign. The squad was due to meet in Taunton on Monday ahead of their first tour game against Somerset, with some of the players having been part of the Australia A squad, some having been playing in the Champions Trophy and others having been warming up in county cricket.
Surprising move just ahead of the Ashes...

It didnt surprise me....they should have dropped when they lost to Test series in india...they miserably failed in CT...atleast the new coach will have time to build a good team for WC 2015....

Even if he was the coach for the ashes i am sure Aus would have lost...instead they could have new coach who could get more time...appointing new coach after Ashes you are almost wasting 6 - 8 months of time.....

Seems Jones got out just before the new ball & then immediately Starc & Pattinson took the new ball which became due in an over and ripped through the lineup

Though i'm still not convinced with Faulkner's selection. Harris could be injured anytime. Another excellent bowler whose career is injury ridden. Pattinson and Siddle are the go-to bowlers for Clarke.

Back