At last TRAI has woken up to regulate DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter babu_koolguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,295
then how did u say that price control is not working?!!

rent free national roaming, 2 Rs/min local calls, 2.40 Rs/min STD calls.. this are all controlled by TRAI. roaming was costing 6rs/min earlier now hardly 3Rs/min.. again controlled by TRAI.
I don't think TRAI has fixed the rates. Dropping of prices is due to economic forces.

See this:
http://www.trai.gov.in/presspre.asp?id=428

its just sample, u wud find many orders if u search

TRAI :::::::

The link is not working. In fact one notification dated 4 jul 2004, states that trai is not keen on regulating tariff or the number of plans offered and wants commercial interests to decide. If you can provide a clear link or extracted info, I will be obliged.

Anyway it is not directly relevant to our current topic. Fixing of tariff will be like fixing fees for medical and engineering colleges; the courts will be busy, lawyers will make hay and the poor students will be a confused lot.

goto TRAI:::::: and hover ur mouse over tariff orders and select any sub option.

those links dont seem to be permanent and keep changing.

The link is not working. In fact one notification dated 4 jul 2004, states that trai is not keen on regulating tariff or the number of plans offered and wants commercial interests to decide. If you can provide a clear link or extracted info, I will be obliged.

Anyway it is not directly relevant to our current topic. Fixing of tariff will be like fixing fees for medical and engineering colleges; the courts will be busy, lawyers will make hay and the poor students will be a confused lot.

Update yourself with what is happening in the world. TRAI is fixing the upper limit in tariff for mobiles for a long time. That is why the rates came down. Number of plans by Mobile service provider was reduced and so on was also because of TRAI.

goto TRAI:::::: and hover ur mouse over tariff orders and select any sub option.

those links dont seem to be permanent and keep changing.

Done. Press release 15/2007 on 24 jan 07 by TRAI orders reductuin in tariff and fixesa ceiling on local, NSD and incoming calls during roaming. Thanks for all the help.

Dear All, well TRAI has regulate prices in mobile industry and this happens because there is a scope for that in it, but this is Dth/CAS already Dth prices are less as compared to Cable operators because they are getting same channel bouquet for half rate as cable operator pays.......so i don't think there are much scope of reduction of price further.....but surely they will manage quality and Regulate QoS by issuing some content code for that.

well as per my calculation, if CAS was implemented in my area. i cud have managed to get all channels i see in abt 280Rs (including tax and STB rent + FTA channels). But right now I am paying 360Rs to cable op. abt 80Rs extra for nothing.and if DTH op are getting channels at half rate but lets say TRAI imposes 75% rate then my cost cud come down to 225Rs or so as well.so thats where TRAI, which is meant to favour consumer, can come in picture by allowing customer to watch what they want and not pay for what they dont want.

Back