Auomatic Reboot Script for Linksys wireless router

katyaishere

ISP
MTNL Triband
Hi,
Through the assistance of members on this forum, I had successfully installed an automatic reboot script for my wired modem.

I have now got a wireless router, Linksys, and wonder if the same script would work for the automatic reboot operation ( at 12:15 and 7:50).

If not, how should I make a new script for automatic reboot on Linksys (wireless)?

Wireless modem without automatic reboot is useless as I have the night unlimited plan of MTNL.
And wireless would help me use the net for longer time. Would make life easier.

Kindly assist,
Cheers.

P.S: If anybody can, kindly correct the spelling... "automatic".

are you using the Linksys router alone without the dsl modem connected to it? go to the command prompt and type telnet 192.168.0.1 ( presuming thats your linksys router ip _.. what do you see?

are you using the Linksys router alone without the dsl modem connected to it? go to the command prompt and type telnet 192.168.0.1 ( presuming thats your linksys router ip _.. what do you see?

superprash2003,
I wanted to use the linksys router only, but I have just learned that I will have to use the modem as well. So:

1. I can continue with the telnet script I am using, right?

2. I may switch to linksys router only in the immediate future. In that case, what script should I use for automatic router reboot?

Currently, 192.168.1.1 gives me my old modem (ADSL) settings' page.

Shall await your reply,
Cheers.

yes.. you can continue using your current script since you still have the modem connected.. if not , you need to modify the script and find out the reboot command for Linksys..

superprash2003,
I wanted to use the Linksys router only, but I have just learned that I will have to use the modem as well. So:

1. I can continue with the telnet script I am using, right?

2. I may switch to linksys router only in the immediate future. In that case, what script should I use for automatic router reboot?

Currently, 192.168.1.1 gives me my old modem (ADSL) settings' page.

Shall await your reply,
Cheers.

Boss you can use your Linksys router on a standalone basis only if your router has a built-in ADSL Modem also...

ok drumster. Cheers. And to you too Superprash 2003.It's working fine currently.

Back