Bad BSNL 3G experience (Express yourself) ...

• Thread starter Thread starter abhayshow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,578
I'm getting a pretty good user experience in Bangalore. Download speeds of ~2.5 mbps, no dropped connections whilecommuting. Looks like BSNL has spare unutilized bandwidth here. My only problem is the tarrif plans are not fine-grainedenough. I'd have loved to have the 14 Rupeee unlimited-for-3-days plan that BSNL EDGE users on 2G have.However, BSNL 3g callcentre continues to maintain the fine tradition of inept and clueless staff who haven't been adequatelytrained.

i migrated my 2g prepaid sim to 3g in bangalore, the only problem i face is that, i can access only gprssouth apn, but not bsnlnet apn in bangalore. recently when i traveled to pune, i could not access both gprssouth n bsnlnet, looks like maharashtra circle uses gprswest apn.is there any way to make bsnlnet apn accessible in home circle as well as roaming on my sim. as usual i tried reaching customer care 1503, but no Rep picks up the call, it just drop the call after 3 to 5 minutes

My first month experience with BSNL 3G access on laptop via USB datacard has not been bad,I cant say what will happen later on as some users have experienced fall in quality after initial usage.At the same time I have not indulged in excessive downloads,so I would BSNL 3G for browsing net at fairly good speeds in fine.

My first month experience with BSNL 3G access on laptop via USB datacard has not been bad,I cant say what will happen later on as some users have experienced fall in quality after initial usage.

At the same time I have not indulged in excessive downloads,so I would BSNL 3G for browsing net at fairly good speeds in fine.
But for advanced users like me, it is Worst thing....

My experience with bsnl is good , 3G provides lot of bandwidth and capacity, so never loose any call, good quality voice, fast internet although i m not using it , edge is good for me on mobile, anyway Bsnl is good for 3G if u want just voice sms and mobile internet and last video calling , video calling is superb in quality vice, but it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to show images That it guy , BSNL is available in all Punjab major town , No coverage in villages which have distance beyond 10KM from city , nearby villages has 3G signal only for making voice sms and video calling high speed internet is not possible on very few bars

good news for me, finally go through customer care 1503 yesterday, they asked me to send GPRSPRE to 53733 to activate bsnlnet apn. just check ednow, able to access internet using bsnlnet apn. for all folks you are able to use internet only with gprssouth.cellone.in apn, send above sms and switch to bsnlnet. its definitely lot faster with new apn

My experience is good in some ways. But not upto the mark. I get very good signal in Pune City (Kothrud area) but in a village just 5 kms outside city limit there is no 3G signal. The speed I got is around 1mbps (go to max 1.5mbps). The only thing I feel is they should provide cheaper data plans. The current plans are too costly :(

guys there is only one provider of 3g , when other comes , tariff of data plans come down , it takes time ,

But for advanced users like me, it is Worst thing....

Yes,that is why I am keeping my fingers crossed !

By the way,is it possible for BSNL to keep tab on individuals on how long they have been using 3G ?I dont think so.

Back