Be careful about Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,535
@ essbebe. You are welcome. I guess I dont want anyone to waste as much time as I did on what would have been a 1 min download/installation of this 'patch'. :) Will have a look at the link you have given above, not sure if it will work as the cause of 'no internet' (depends on what a particular patch is supposed to do) could be different (its dated '05). This problem occurred even though my DNS and DHCP server IP's are in the Firewall's Trusted zone. Also noticed that my speeds have reduced drastically (barely 1.06 MB max), have to wait & watch for the cause of this

I think Mumbai News - Mumbai Mirror Online - Techies race to prevent an Internet hack-attack, TECH, Mumbai News, Mumbai newspaper,Current Affairs,Latest news,Mumbai Directory,City Portal,Mumbai,city,Bombay,destination,Web,Internet,website,Capital of Maharash refers to the same patch by MS which is causing my problem.

@ essbebe. Tried whats given in the ZoneAlarm Forum, but it does not work. Thanks anyway, it was worth a try, :( so I still have to keep ‘Internet Zone Security’ at ‘Medium’ :wall:

Also check out
Microsoft patch knocks some ZoneAlarm users offline

ZoneAlarm firewall users reported dead Internet connections after installing one of the security updates released by Microsoft yesterday. A fix is expected soon.

Microsoft patch knocks some ZoneAlarm users offline

The so called temporary solution is to uninstall that damn patch from 'Add remove programs', real thook lagav job from MS :@:wall::@

ZoneAlarm Pro has come out with an update today, ver (zapSetup_70_483_000_en) of this s/w to overcome the problem mentioned above. After installation u can change back ‘Internet Zone Security’ to 'High' :thumbsup:

Back