Best ISP in Gurgaon supporting peering

ISP
Triple Play
Hi all,

I have been using TriplePlay for quite some time now (more than 1.5 yrs) and seen it going down from good to worse. I now wish to change my ISP which supports peering network (btcache) so that I can access torbox for for faster downloads. I put up in DLF Ph-3, U Block.
Can someone please suggest me what are the options I have in this area for good ISPs with peering? Rite now I am using their 2 Mbps (till 6 GB) and later on 1 Mbps unlimited plan and it kinda sucks.
Any help?

hehe you have better connectivity options that a lot of us. how much does 1mbps ul cost?

peering as in ability to download from other peoples in your locality without hitting the internet. you get lan type speed without wasting bandwidth from your quota. btcache is offered by ISPs to let their users access popular torrents at lan speeds without wasting international bandwidth.

not really. for popular torrents, there has to be someone who has downloaded it in your area so it is available on the local networks. and just one seeder would be enough to get the file rather quickly. bt is pretty efficient.

On my torrent peer list, i find most of the peers from US & Europe. There are very few from India. Even from that, there may be fewer peers from Delhi. And when narrowing down to locality. I think it will be none!

In case of some new Bollywood movie torrent, there might be some local peers because new bollywood movies are the most popular downloads in India.

And, downloading from local peer would require good upload speeds from peer. Is that also a feature that ISP provide for torrent over LAN?

btcache servers are hosted by the isp in local centers so users get lan speeds on them.
local peering on some isps also offer lan speeds so torrent clients would automatically give these users priority over far away seeders.

i am not exactly an expert on this stuff. but i have played with bittorrent on lan and it does seem to work very well. bt sync uses the same technology for local data transfer and it works very nicely.

Btcache servers hosted by ISPs? That explains good LAN speed for torrent.

So DSL ISPs cannot provide this service because old DSL copper wiring doesn't permit high upload speeds. So local peering is basically a feature for Cable broadband.

I remember there was once an ISP (cable internet) in my locality who was offering 10 Mbps speed and unlimited download. But that bandwidth was limited to its own server. So that probably was some kind of local peering network.

However, we don't need service like local peering in our country if we have a option of decent Internet service. But with slow speeds, limited connectivity, insane FUPs & poor ISP QoS. We continue to explore options to satisfy out Data requirements by any alternate ways.

And Cable internet in India is light years behind Cable internet in US & Europe.

airtel iptv tells me that dsl players should be able to offer btcache like ability if they so desire :P

Back