Best router for Airtel xStream Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter nerdTech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,293
ISP
Airtel xStream Fiber
I have switched from Tata Play to Airtel 4 days ago. Airtel gave me the Dasan H660GM-A router. I have been facing slow internet issue from the first day itself. I have asked them to change router to Nokia one, but they are giving excuse of it's not available in their warehouse and even If I somehow get one, it will be refurbished Nokia router. I either want a new Nokia router or some other good router which will resolve my issue.

Which other routers Airtel provides and which is best among them?

how getting a refurbished Nokia is not good?

here also they are giving refurbished nokia , new ones are not coming anytime soon.

I previously had Tata Play fiber connection.
Tata did provide me a new Nokia router and it handled all my 8+ home device's really well.
it’s just then why Airtel not providing new Nokia routers? Also which model of ZTE ?

My recent experiences gives me a different perspective now. I had F670L a very good ONT Router provided by Airtel. But one day internet stopped working and it was down for a number of days. Lots of escalations and shouting and finally they changed the router to Dasan.
Reason - due to network upgrade they upgraded the OLT and my F670L was not interoperable with it. Poor change management processes!!
FTTH is purely B2B.
To get the best router, buy B2C what you consider as best. (D-Link, TP-Link, Asus, Tenda etc) Put the stuff provided by ISP in Bridge and configure your best router as per your needs.

Back