Best VPN with Gateways in India

ISP
TrueOnline, TrueMoveH, Jio
I would like to subscribe to a premium VPN with excellent service which has gateways in India. Should support OpenVPN or Wireguard protocol. Subscription cost is not a big factor. Can someone recommend the best VPN for this purpose?

Disappointed to see NordVPN doesn’t have gateways in India.

Check SurfShark/Windscribe

Thanks. Windscribe doesn’t seem to support OpenVPN/Wireguard and since I plan to use this service with a dedicated router, it doesn’t work for me.
Both expressVPN and Surfshark seem to provide Indian IPs, but their servers are located in other countries. How effective is that?

PIA does, but similarly it's not a physical server. I haven't had any issues using it on COWIN or any government websites restricted only to Indian IPs. Not sure if it works with streaming sites.

Are the servers providing Indian IPs on servers outside India effective? I don’t want to torrent etc, just want my IP to show as an Indian IP.
In most places it'll work fine but some places will lock you out because it's a VPN IP. Furthermore, It's only a matter of time. Nord, PIA and others are using the same company Datacamp Limited to show their servers in India when they are not. This'll all come down the moment few large IP address trackers like ipinfo.io catch up and start showing the actual country.

If you have a proxy in india(Maybe parent's place or a trusted friend's place?) put a exit node in their network and use that. It'll actually be in india and should allow access to any site since it's a residential IP.

Back