Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,479
Been using Konquere with KDE 4.2 Beta 2 for the past few weekends and its amazingly fast, faster than even FF 3.1 beta.But with the undersea cable cuts causing slow net connections I have noticed something that these browsers might be doing to give a better illusion of speed.I've noticed that FF starts rendering/displaying webpages parts while download of the webpage is still in progress, so you get a feeling that the webpage is being drawn bit by bit.In Konquerer, it does not display the webpage for a while until all/most of the bits are downloaded but it shows the whole page in a "single shot" and it appears to have rendered instantly...sneaky bastids... im sure safari, chrome etc are using such optimisations for the same effect... FF should actually do the same because it gets annoying in slow connections... some link/icon you want appears at a particular location on screen and when you go to click it moves around while the page is still being rendered and you end up clicking something else, very annoying...but this should go away with a return to normal fast download speeds...i wonder if there is a setting in about:config to make it render instantly, couldnt locate it with a cursory search...

actually this setting is mostly configurable in most browsers. in opera i can set the time when the browser should start rendering the page.

ok i just found this addon called "fasterfox" has some "initial paint delay" setting among other optimisations... let me test...

i hv gt a prob wid ff.........1 hr after switching on the comp.....my ff icon in desktop and quick launch changes into an unknown file type icon...any suggestions ??

two things...opera mobile is one good option for windows mobile.if you are going to put in a link to oDesk in every post, you would be banned.

@Admin...on the oDesk link thing...no problem...just used to always putting in a signature...on the Opera Mobile thing - my experience is that it does crash the least of all of the Windows Mobile options (with the free Java version coming in a close second and its price making it more attractice), but I haven't had a lot of luck with it on my Blackjack.

OK. Hadn't heard of the Mozilla one. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look out for it. Just for the record, (when I'm on my PC and/or Mac) I use Firefox when I need the plugins and Opera for general surfing (wish there was more functionality there or with the Mac Safari browser).

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Releases

opera is great for general surfing but terrible for mission critical websites :P

chrome rocks for me as i have little use for firefox extensions. firefox itself on its own crawls when compared to chrome. firefox loaded with the extensions i would like to use with it makes it pretty terrible for personal use.

Back