Bharti Airtel hikes call tariff by 20% in six circles

i am struggling to receive or make calls from the basement. a real old Nokia phone on tata indicom works just great. i was planning to discard it but keeping it now so that i can actually make calls from the basement!

Well, CDMA technology has its own benefits. That said, Tata Indicom has hands down the worst coverage that I am aware of. I have tried a long list of operators till now to be able to say that confidently :D [Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel, BSNL, MTNL, Docomo, Virgin :P]

strange. i have had this indicom connection for like 4 years now and i have never seen a call drop or no signal problem. anywhere i have been!

Same was with me in case of Reliance CDMA, but after INP to GSM i am gonna mad about the Network.

well my sister just changed to airtel...and she was shocked to see that they were no decent message offers!! :C why did tht airtel take out all the message offers.!? that guy from which i buy recharge cards said that in nxt few months even all other operators will stop giving message offers....is it true.?!

I would say Yes, because most of the companies are waiting for a chance to increase the tariff and Airtel had initiated it giving platform to others and definately Tariff hikes happens after consultation and mutual agreement between all Telcos .

This smells like Price War has come to an End and all Telcos will think of making profits and ARPUs . Need to discuss with my Telecom Friends for details :p

I 2 months back kicked Airtel's ASS via MNP and shifted to Vodafone. Got much better offer.:)

They just have mentioned New Delhi and Andhra Pradesh what about the other four circles?

Back