Binatone DT845W modded firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter broaderband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 17,899
ISP
Airtel
Hi
I wish to mod the firmware of my Binatone DT845W router Airtel setup at my home to Tomato or DDWRT because I want to setup a secure SSH tunnel.
Is this possible? Does this router support modded firmware? I dont want to brick it.

Not possible.

broaderband said:
Okay. Is there a new router you recommend that is capable of this? Budget 2k
First decide what your needs are. Then go from there. What are you looking for? Wireless N at 2.4 or 5 Ghz? 1 or 2 or 3 antennas? Sooo many options.
I know that TP-Link TL-WR740N supports dd-wrt. You can get it for less than Rs. 1000.

HI sorry for the long period of inactivity.
I really dont know what my needs are. What I want to do is this: http://www.howtogeek.com/68061/setup-ssh-on-your-router-for-secure-web-access-from-anywhere/
I have blocked internet in my college. My home connection would be in Bangalore.
My home is approx 1700sqft. and another problem I have with my current router is that it is short range.
budget is max 2500 bucks,
Whaddya reccomend?
and the home router in bangalore is this http://www.binatonetelecom.in/4port-adsl2-wifi-router1.html binatone dt850w.
the range of this model is too short so i need something better than this.

You can find a router for Rs. 2500 that supports Tomato or DD-WRT.
TL-WR841N has a good range & is less than Rs. 1600. Or you can look at TL-WR740N for less than Rs. 1000.
Some hardware revisions of these routers support DD-WRT. But you MUST do some research before buying ANY router.

if you already have a router and need to extend it, you can buy any router and Bridge it with existing one to extend its range.
This can be even done without the need to Flash the open source firmware.
Modding firmware will INSTANTLY void your warranty so I would advice you to stick with STOCK firmware and skip the firmware change as its not required unless
you have a specific need to do so.

Back