Binatone DT845W modded firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter broaderband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 17,899
broaderband said:
Hi
I wish to mod the firmware of my Binatone DT845W router Airtel setup at my home to Tomato or DDWRT because I want to setup a secure SSH tunnel.
Is this possible? Does this router support modded firmware? I dont want to brick it.
which chipset? can you post the rs232 logs. i mean serial logs? you have those serial/console logs?
willing to hack? got a debugger? like jtag or buspirate?
if its trendchip? i am extremely sorry. i dont have any source code leak/drop for it.
but if its bcm63xx and or lantiq (which i doubt) or ti ar7 or conexant chipset? i can port it for you.
thanks!
-paul
provided you let me know the chipset.....

uberjon said:
You can find a router for Rs. 2500 that supports Tomato or DD-WRT.
TL-WR841N has a good range & is less than Rs. 1600. Or you can look at TL-WR740N for less than Rs. 1000.
Some hardware revisions of these routers support DD-WRT. But you MUST do some research before buying ANY router.
i am using openwrt on my TP-Link tdw8970, i am on my way to port debian on this debian.
www.debwrt.net
right now stuck with the u-boot part, need to enable booting straight off USB and also port to latest u-boot (WIP) ;-)
and also port ubifs so i can make my modem boot line real quick, since it takes now some 2mins 30 seconds from cold boot with adsl init.
thanks!
-paul

if you already have a router and need to extend it, you can buy any router and Bridge it with existing one to extend its range.
This can be even done without the need to Flash the open source firmware.
Modding firmware will INSTANTLY void your warranty so I would advice you to stick with STOCK firmware and skip the firmware change as its not required unless
you have a specific need to do so.
Hi ghpk. I have a Binatone DT 850W wireless router and a Binatone DT 840W wireless router. I've spent my whole day figuring how to make the 850W unit act as a WiFi repeater for the latter. The ways I could find on the internet involved installing open source firmware DD-WRT, but I don't think that my router supports it. If you know a way, or could guide me, to make the 850W act as a repeater, I would be very thankful for your efforts. Thanks in advance :)

Hi ghpk. I have a Binatone DT 850W wireless router and a Binatone DT 840W wireless router. I've spent my whole day figuring how to make the 850W unit act as a WiFi repeater for the latter. The ways I could find on the internet involved installing open source firmware DD-WRT, but I don't think that my router supports it. If you know a way, or could guide me, to make the 850W act as a repeater, I would be very thankful for your efforts. Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I am using the same DT 850 as a Repeater,However You will need to connect it with an extended customised LAN Cable from the Main router's Lan Port to any of the DT 850's 4 LAN ports,run the cable up til wherever you wish to place the DT 850 (I guess 40-60 metre would do for you), configure it into bridge mode, put VPI and VCI same as the main adsl router (say 1 and 32 for Airtel) and finally disable DHCP on the DT 850 and restart.

Back