Broadband availability

• Thread starter Thread starter amalasingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,762

amalasingh

ISP
2MB
Hi Friends,I live in a village, Parthibanur, Ramnadu Dt.Could you please tell me broadband is available in this village? If not how do I bring to this to little more than a village.

Welcome to IBF.You need to check with the nearest exchange about the availability of connection at your place. Only they can decide the feasibility of connection. How long is your exchange from your home ? If too long, connection won't be possible. If broadband is not available you can try Tarang which is the WLL service of BSNL. In this, you will be given a mobile phone which can be used as a modem. The speed will be around 115 Kbps which is almost half of broadband speed 256 Kbps. The rent is cheap (depending on the status of your exchange) and it is unlimited too. You need to confirm that there a BSNL tower near by, from where you can get the signal. If you can convince a few of your friends and neighbours, you can meet the SDE of your exchange as a group and request line at your place.

Thanks for the reply my friend. Can you tell me where I can check the list of exchanges nearby? Is there any websites?

Back