Broadband very slow

• Thread starter Thread starter equate123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,742

equate123

ISP
BB COMBO ULF 1100
Hi,I am in the plan BB COMBO ULF 1100, My BB speed is supposed to be 2Mbps, but my downloading speed is only 25KB/s, I think that is very low. I have wi-fi enabled modem and its model no is WA3002G4. can any one please help me to sort out the problem

1. Are you mentioning about link-removed or similar hosting service ? They give less speed for free users. You may try TCP/IP optimizer from speedguide.net2. What is the speed you get on torrents ? Download any file from Microsoft and report the speed.3. Try port forwarding.

Your Current Bandwidth Reading: 1.72 Mbps
(Download Rate at 220.66 KB/sec)

28.8 kbpsdial-up33.6 kbpsdial-up53.3 kbpsdial-up56 kbpsISDN128 kbpsISDN256 kbpsBROADBAND384 kbpsDSL768 kbpsDSL1000 kbpsDSL1500 kbpsDSL/T1/Cable Modem1765.3 kbpsYOUR SPEED

this is the speed asper " BSNL BB SPEED TESTER".Tried downloading file from ms,stil it is around 25kB/s. Please explain what is port forwarding ?

1. BSNL speed test is not reliable. Go to speedtest.net, perform a speed test and post the forum link here.2. Portforwarding helps you allow connections to your torrent client and hence improves the torrent speed. Post a screen shot of your torrent client. 3. Disable your firewall/antivirus and check.4. Tried TCP/IP optimizer ?

That plan ULF1100, doesn't exist anymore, You might be on ULF1000, correct me if I am wrong. Even if the plan still exists for you, then I think you've crossed your FUP (Fair Usage Policy) of 15 GB this month :whistle:

I just had my connection 4 days back.. As u had rightly pointed.. I am not sure which plan i am in!!!. I have to check it out. But, my speed is not constant.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I tried disabliing firewall/antivirus, also tried TCP/IP OPTIMIZER, was working fine for couple of hours(broadband speed was 900kbps and Download speed was 170 kb/s ) again my downloading speed reduced to 20KB/S.
please help me

Back