BSNL 1400 ULD PLan : 4 Mbps speed not provided

• Thread starter Thread starter varunc24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9,974
No i doubt.I dont remember because it was done some months ago. I have written it on a paper which i will refer and update you.

many thnx for your prompt reply. I too wanna to takeup my issue with the relevant authorities

I doubt its not mac id because NOC guys asked me to call up BSNL jayanagar office to get it. If it was some thing which i could provide from my end, they would have told me to get it from device info or some other page.@beekeys, I was very angry when my speeds were in range of 500kbps while i was on 4Mbps plan. Speed used to cross 2Mbps only if i am downloading atleast 3 files using Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) that too in extreme acceleration mode. Youtube videos were streaming slower and not a single day i felt like i had 4Mbps plan.I explained my anger to HCL guy and he cannot solve my issue as everything was fine at his end. He attributed this to incapability of BSNL employees. Their attitude is worst and i feel many people dont know ABCD of telecommunication. They are equally illiterate in the field of telecommunication like A Raja. I feel many times like kicking on his a*s because he has looted our public money and still walking away like he has done no crime.

@dhananjayk - thnx for your reply. BSNL promised me to give 1mbps for Rs 850/- and i am getting 250kbs in Rs 850/-. I just want to know everything, coz, i will surely will take this case in court and sure sure will it help to every citizen of india. I m making evidiences and information close to this stream and want myself to prepare well before pulling this bsnl crap in higher n higher court. So please do help me solving this problem, so i want to see the loop where bsnl sucks. Totally agreed with u, these bsnl people don't hv perfect staff and once they in bsnl everyone thinks they r POLICE CHIEF.

Hi guys !

The trick to getting any broadband issue is this way :

1. File a compaint with the broadband helpine and take down the complaint no.
2. Do this twice or thrice if the issue does not get resolved and each time note down the complaint nos.
3. Visit the Customer care center and speak to the incharge and seek a resolution. Try to get the person incharge to speak to your exchange incharge and get the issue rectified.
4. If still this does not work , write a mail to the BSNL nodal officers (emails worked for me) in your state and also submit your grievance at : http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
5. You will be surprised to see the results , well atleast for me it worked.

I had raised many complaints and each time my complaint was closed by the exchange people saying there was no fault at their end. Then I sent a mail to all the senior officers of Bangalore Telecom , posted a grievance thru bangalore telecom website and also raised a compaint on the website mentioned above. In the complaint i mentioned the careless attitude of one of the staff who told me to be "HAPPPY" with 2 Mbps speed while I was being charge for a 4 Mbps connection . I also mentioned in my complaints that I will take BSNL to consumer court for not providing the promised services and the lazy n careless attitude of the staff for not resolving my complaint. Within 2 weeks of these mails and online complaint , I got a call from their NIB center in Ulsoor, Bangalore (people in Bangalore if you have to get speed upgrades have to be provisioned from here ) . The lady who answered the call told me over 85% people in the ULD 1400 plan are not getting 4 Mbps speed. I wonder how many more will be out there wh.o have upgraded their plans and are unaware of the speeds they are getting , the speeds they are entitled to and doing nothing about it . This lady told me again she can't do anything. Then I told her I am n/w engineer working in in a leading n/w equipment manufacturing company. I asked her to check the port to which my landline is connected and the speed provisioned for the port. She told me it was 2 Mbps .. I told her since I am on 1400 ULD plan i have to get 4 Mbps and she chhanged it within a minute. I restarted my modem and I could see my downstream rate getting synced at 4 Mbps . I had to wait for a couple of weeks as I had crosed the FUP limit and was getting 256kbps. But from January 1st I am getting the full 4 Mbps speed.

So the moral of this long story is BSNL staff is lazy n non commited to customer care. Contact the nodal officers immediately if you see your issue not getting solved by other means. This was my experience.. I have now raised a complaint for poor 3G indoor coverage , one of the DGM who had called me few months back when I had 1st raised the complaint had told me that indoor coverage they won't do anythin and expected me to use my phone all the time outside the house ! I got a call from the public grievance officer here in Bangalore and she told me my complaint has been forwarded to the nodal officer incharge of mobile operations in bangalore. I am hoping for a resolution in the coming weeks. Will keep this forum posted when I get oe

Hi Varun,M also just fed up not getting 4 Mbps speed when I upgraded my plan to ULD 900 which provides 4 Mbps upto 8 GB. Worse, my connection is crawling @ 256 kbps all day & night, no matter I download independent file or by DAP , but no use.. Googling for this problem has brought me here.Hoping following ur advice will bring my connection some speed.

one thing u remeber about bsnl that.................They not provided speed according to the plan.In limited plan they just blocked speed to certain level....But if u r using heavy plan the speed is not blocked by bsnl server..........i.e it is totally depend on your line and modem ,if they working properly or not,check s.r.n,it must be above 20-30 in 4 mbps connection.Therfore,bsnl is also called bhai sahab nahi chalega .........

Back