• Thread starter Thread starter steffin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 15,093

steffin

Expert
ISP
BSNL 3G U/L
1.I have a big doubt whether to take a 3.6 or 7.2 Mbps data card..(Difference of just 500 rupees)

2.Now that Other private networks are providing 3g networks,I wanted to know if its possible to use the data card that BSNL is offering me now with other networks(say Reliance,Docomo) in the future..I mean any hacks possible..

3.Is there any option of buying the data card from outside and using it with BSNL!

http://bsnl.co.in/images/BSNL01nov10.jpg

Waiting for the reply guys!!!!

1. Go for 7.2Mbps one2. Most probably BSNL card would be locked. you may be able to unlock it later though(I don't know). Better try to get one of these unlocked cards so you can easily shift providers.

^ you can always use unlocked cards on any network. No question of BSNL interfering with it. :D

So what would you suggest in this case?Buying an unlocked card from outside or getting a locked card from BSNL?Also is it possible to use the SIM in the data card in the mobile for browsing purposes and call making or is it just for data card?Any other services comes bundled with it?

The SIM you get can be used interchangeably in mobile or data card as you wish. No restrictions.My suggestion is get a 7.2Mbps unlocked card. you can easily get from online shopping sites.

The SIM you get can be used interchangeably in mobile or data card as you wish. No restrictions.

My suggestion is get a 7.2Mbps unlocked card. you can easily get from online shopping sites.

any preferred model?whats the price range?
bsnl is offering in 2500K...

price will be in 2.4-2.6k. there are many models Huawei e1752, e122 etc

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

before you buy confirm that speed is 7.2mbps and not 3.6mbps as most "3G cards" are of second type.

I bought over from ebay. just check the seller reputation. there was a post in other thread from a member of receiving blank box!!

Back