bsnl 3g signal low problem

sumeet12345

ISP
bsnl
First of all great news that unlimited internet is available only for 1499? Now the problem is that when i connect 3g only two bars of signal (out of probably five as i have never experienced the maximum speed). I have tried to change rooms.....change the angle of my laptop.....opened the windows......but still I get two bar of signals which gives a speed of around 40KBps to 60 KBps (that is from 320kbps to 480 kbps)...which is quite slow...can someone suggest me something how to increase the speed.....some other manual way or software................................also i am not able to download link-removed files.....it shows "your i.p. already downloading a file" even though i am not downloading.............................also what is the maximum speed you have experienced?

try to keep it in utensil and see if yur signal improves[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DogPqpWL0NqI

First of all great news that unlimited internet is available only for 1499? Now the problem is that when i connect 3g only two bars of signal (out of probably five as i have never experienced the maximum speed). I have tried to change rooms.....change the angle of my laptop.....opened the windows......but still I get two bar of signals which gives a speed of around 40KBps to 60 KBps (that is from 320kbps to 480 kbps)...which is quite slow...can someone suggest me something how to increase the speed.....some other manual way or software................................also i am not able to download link-removed files.....it shows "your i.p. already downloading a file" even though i am not downloading.............................also what is the maximum speed you have experienced?

My experience shows the increase in number of bars does not automatically increases the speed.
I may be wrong but I am observing the same 3G speeds with 2 and 5 bars.

YES it does not matter much how much bars u got, the matter is you getting 3G signal. if the signal is low , then definitely ur modem has to workout lot and transmitted lot of radiation , anyhow if u get speed between 600Kbps to 1mbps u r lucky one

YES it does not matter much how much bars u got, the matter is you getting 3G signal. if the signal is low , then definitely ur modem has to workout lot and transmitted lot of radiation , anyhow if u get speed between 600Kbps to 1mbps u r lucky one

I am getting the following speed at night :
https://www.speedtest.net/result/973447664.png

Usually 3G speed is equal or more than my Dataone speed .

I really dont think the amount of signal bars count after it has reached a level. I think 2 bars is good enough for it to give you over 2mbps.I have a really f'ed up problem. I used to get at least 3mbps at home and at least 2mbps in my office.But now, the speed in my office remains the same with only 2 bars and the speed at home has reduced to like 300kbps to 400kbps with 3 bars.

I really dont think the amount of signal bars count after it has reached a level. I think 2 bars is good enough for it to give you over 2mbps.
I have a really f'ed up problem. I used to get at least 3mbps at home and at least 2mbps in my office.

But now, the speed in my office remains the same with only 2 bars and the speed at home has reduced to like 300kbps to 400kbps with 3 bars.

I have heard this for the second time.Another forum member mentioned this same problem of reduced speed after some weeks of usage.
My 3g data plus the BSNL mobile balance is finished so I can not test the speed again.

But is it possible for BSNL to reduce the speed of a user some months after the user subscribed based on mobile number ?
If so,then this is a serious problem.

If BSNL had reduced speed for my number, then the speed would be slow everywhere. But my speed still hits over 1.3mbps in my office. Only at home, though the signal is one bar more than what I get in the office, the speed is awful.Number of users logged in through the same tower? Thats the funda BSNL will give I'm sure. And I got the 3G connection only like a week ago, so I dont think BSNL would bother reducing my speed right away, though they MIGHT do it sometime by the end of the month.

you guys are lucky one , who tried hand on 3G very early , but when everybody have 3G then told me wt speeds u got , then snatch a snap from speedtest,

Anyway anyhow , jab tak user kam hai , speed tana tan ayegee, if lot of rush speed reduced to 600kbps to 400kbps,

BSNL has no power to reduce ur speed , common mens they are PSU , they does not think all of this

But private operator can do this , so that other user on same cell site can use data services , because next 2 to 3 years is very labor intensive for 3G

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

yes in 4G u got full promised speed , no matter how much user , because 4G needs lot spectrum , but it is 10 to 20 times more efficent than 3G ,

Wimax is very high capacity 4G tech , i recently went to a Bsnl Wimax cell site and i saw , at least 400 user are currently online and use wimax , and network is just 30 percent utilised , guys u can estimate how effective is 4G tech , speed of wimax is 7mbps to minimum 2mbps till now , because backhaul infrastructure of bsnl is not ready

Back