BSNL 3G: UMG 1831 Firmware update ???

• Thread starter Thread starter urdead
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9,440
Search the forums, there have been mixed results of playing with firmwares.Do not load any firmware until you are sure about it and its for same model.Someone lost his IMEI number and another one resulted into dead modem when they tried with wrong firmware.those who have been successful are getting speeds beyond 21 mbps with peak of 28mbps.So watch out before taking chances.

@urdead

Your link shown in post# 1 shows FW 11.831.05.01.420. I think it may be the correct FW for your card. Check the existing FW of your card. If it is an old one,

YOU CAN ASK OTHER USERS OF UMG1831, AS ANY BODY USING THIS 11.831.05.01.420 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

And then decide to continue.

See the link and screen shots to have an idea.......

webConnect Rocket(UMG1831) Firmware Update

What ghpk has referred is FW 11.860.02.04.11 which is released for K4505 cards. Due to mislead by one of the forum members some guys has spoiled their cards by updating with wrong FW.

Even when some one cautions, you are curious to know more about wrong update.

The warning is here for wrong updating....

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-3g/64721-beware-flashing-huawei-umg1831-k4505/

I don't know which FW you are asking for. Hence referred both of them.

Wow u did quite a lot for me ..... thanks for that :) ..... but still woried to take the next step...... if sumthing goes wrong...... M GONE :(

Whats the speed you are currently Getting,
Also check the MDMA output of your tower, if the supported speed is only upto what you are already getting then don't go for update.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Tower= 14 Mbps Enabled.....MDMA output = 14200 sumting ... with 83 dbm Speed= Sumtimes i get around 5 mbps also... but most of the time its slow .... Mobile partner shows 73 % HSDPA ( is Signal low the reason ?? ) .. tried with 99 % signal ..so around 4 Mbps...... :| ...(How to check the current firmware .... sorry for the nooby question tho )...

In MDMA -> Click device info and in MP-> tools ->diagnostics

Back