BSNL 3G: UMG 1831 Firmware update ???

• Thread starter Thread starter urdead
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9,440
I'm using fw 11.831.05.01.420 for around 20 days on umg 1831 without any problems, and let me clarify ghpk's concern, the other thread he is referring to and the guys with bad firmware upgrades have issues because they upgraded firmware for different modem, not something which people in right mind should do ..The link you referred to is perfect for upgradation, please go ahead with peace of mind and let it finish properly. Its not always better speed you get with latest firmware, but more stability and even lesser heat, better reception also.

Yes... I have tried this. It is working perfect for my UMG 1831.

https://www.speedtest.net

Hi Guys. Just want to know where can i buy UMG1831 from Bangalore? And will i get speed for at least 7.2 mbps if i use it in Trivandrum (Kerala)

And will i get seed for at least 7.2 mbps
as of now max upload speed of BSNL 3G is is 2Mbps. Unaware if any ISP provides 7.2Mbps upload bandwidth.

as of now max upload speed of BSNL 3G is is 2Mbps. Unaware if any ISP provides 7.2Mbps upload bandwidth.
I meant download speed not upload speed

I meant download speed not upload speed
OK, I got confused with the word "seed" in your previous post.

In TVM, you'll get 7.2Mbps bandwidth. Bandwidth is guaranteed but speed is not. You may get between 1-5Mbps. Check with other 3G users in your area.

I would recommend users to use the original firmware that the modem came with as it works great, once you upgrade to the new firmware there is no way to revert back.

which district in kerala are u, and what is the speed do u get?

in trivandrum you will get 1-3mbps day time and 4-5mbps night (only some times)

any way 2mbps+ is guaranteed if full coverage

Back