BSNL Bill is Impossible To Understand - Please Explain

• Thread starter Thread starter NaveenBSNL
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,751
ISP
BSNL
Hi-

In my first BSNL bill, the One Time Charges are extremely high. On the day of the submission of the application I paid INR 1925 already [One month security deposit of 1425 for my Broadband plan and 500 for Installation (that's what they told atleast)]

Can any one of you please provide me a break up of my bill items mentioned below?

Monthly Charges - INR 902.5 (I understand this item. It's the pro-rated monthly rental)
One Time Charges - INR 2925
Discounts - 251
Tax - INR 204.25

Total Charges - INR 3781.75

Payment Received - INR 1925 (I understand this is what I paid during the submission of application)

Amount Due - INR 1857

Can you please explain me why the One Time Charges are mentioned as 2925 and what is the Discount 251 given for?

How much of the money I paid to BSNL is refundable?

I have the BB1425 Plan. During the application I was told the only payment I need to make is One Month BB Rental as Security Deposit and INR 500 as installation charges. So where and how did this INR 2925 One Time Charges came from?

I have purchased the modem on my own and is not taken from BSNL

Also, I havn't received the bill so far. I have checked with the postman but he hasn't received it so far

Please help

Thanks

I am sorry, I couldn't understand much from that. Hopefully someone with similar might answer. Thanks for your help though

I have posted the complaint in the BSNL CRM portal. Any remote chances of them even looking at it? I am not expecting that MIRACLE to happen, but just curious

:| BSNL does not really get billing wrong. @x720 would be able to explain. He usually comes at around 10-11pm :D

And you can complain on the selfcare portal I believe. Those complaints go to the higher levels. Usually works.

I believe they are honest with their billing (a.ka. they don't cheat intentionally), but I do believe with the level of commitment their employees have towards their job, things may go unintentionally wrongs quite often

Things will be clear only after you have got the copy of the bill as it enlists detailed charges break up.

Right now you probably won't even be able to register on the selfcare portal as it asks the 10 digit bsnl account number which is printed on the bill itself. Else you'd have been able to download pdf of the bill from 5th of any month when bills get generated.

Also just curious what was your connection start date.

Back