BSNL Broad Band

• Thread starter Thread starter nnnayak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,896

nnnayak

ISP
BSNL
Sir,I am a resident of Kalyan, Maharashtra with BSNL land line No : 251 2354588. I had applied for Broa Band connection last year. I received my password and ID on 02.02.2008 from NETIVALI office of Kalyan circle. When I logged on for the first time on 2nd Feb afternoon and visited the "check your usage" site to my surprise I found the usage for Jan 08 was recorded as 4069 MB. I changed my password immediately. I am unable to understand how my usage is recorded when I had not even connected my modem. How do I go about ?

@nnnayak Did you submit written complain to Kalyan (Exchange) Broadband section office,

When Did the BSNL Tech. came and install modem, if it is on 02/02/08 then i think you r safe,

bsnl has record of when they installed the modem at a customer's place if you opt for modem from them & if their record says modem is installed at your place in feb or last days of jan then no problem but you must write a complaint.also see the detailed usage at bsnl site & take a printout & also show it to official as it will show at which day & which time your account has been used.

My modem was installed in the last week of Dec 07. But the password was given only on 02.02.2008. They just gave me the password even without my signature on any document.

My modem was installed in the last week of Dec 07. But the password was given only on 02.02.2008. They just gave me the password even without my signature on any document.

check your detailed usage to see if the downloading/uploading is being done in the last week of dec.also check if your IP address is something like 117.x.x.x.also do you use windows dialup(eg. connect to bsnl window in which your username is there & also password if you tick the remember my pasword option) or you can simply browse the net without using your username/password everytime you connect by just switching on the modem & do not using windows "connect to" option.

there are two ways to setup a modem to connect-----1.pppoe,2.bridge
in pppoe your username & password is stored inside modem usually by the bsnl person who come to install.in this once username/password is saved you just need to turn on the modem to connect.

in bridge mode you use windows "connect to bsnl" option by creating a connection using new connection wizard.in this when you double click on the icon or choose connect to from start menu a window come up asking for username/password.

all the IP having range 117.x.x.x are port binded which means your username/password can only be used from your telephone line & nowhere else.

if you have an IP something like 117.x.x.x & you are using pppoe method & all your usage is from the date your modem is installed then it may be possible that the bsnl person setup your modem in pppoe mode & from that time anyone can connect to internet when modem was on & you didn't even realize that.

hey guys even i face same problem i ve used only 700 mb but it shows that i ve used 1.4 gb how do i correct now

members/ilovetobefunny/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Always tell the tariff plan yu have opted. and your complaint for which month ?
How did you check your usage as 700 MB , whereas BSNL portal shows 1.4GB.
You cannot correct what BSNL has recorded.
Take a screen shot of the usage page showing summary at the top and few entries, and post it here.

REF: https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 Page 7 post 69.

Back