BSNL Broadband 512 kbps unlimted

• Thread starter Thread starter itisbasi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 12,160
A better "web browsing" experience is the wrong reason to upgrade to 512 kbps unlimited. Of course you will notice a huge difference when it comes to streaming videos online, but the difference it makes in "browsing" per se is negligible even if you upgrade to 2 mbps. If your usage is restricted to web browsing alone then i would strongly recommend against an upgrade, you'll be disappointed.

Thanks. I am used to an unlimited 2mb connection, so this takes a bit of getting used to. Is 512 enough to actually watch the videos, without them stopping every 3-4 seconds? Thanks

Thanks. I am used to an unlimited 2mb connection, so this takes a bit of getting used to. Is 512 enough to actually watch the videos, without them stopping every 3-4 seconds?

Thanks

It does buffer a few times (that's a non-issue if you pause the video for the first 30-60 secs), but it's definitely not as annoying as 256kbps. But if you're used to 2mbps you'll be disappointed with 512 kbps too.

PS: "2mbps unlimted"... Has to be at the office.... Right??

Hi No, in Spain. I did have a month on the 1800 plan, and got speeds of usually between 1.45 and 1.7 mps, which was fine. Only downside is the 10gb per month download limit - I did 3gb in 3 days, and really had to restrict myself, plus was continually worrying about going over this (couldn't get on the BSNL Portal to check!!). Guess I'll just keep on the 256 and see what else develops. Thanks for your reply.

well
i did it
it didn't worked for me
i asked bsnl about tht
my plan is changed tht i knw......coz its showing when we check the usage
but
when i asked bsnl
they said
'Sir aapka connection change hone ke liye gaya hua hai '
as if three wheeler pe mera connection rakh ke bheja hai inhone
lol

Same here, the speeds haven't increased for me, the usage portal user info page has updated to " Current Service Home UL 1350 Download speed 512Kbps" from UL 750, but the downloading speed remain the same as before what I was getting on UL 750 i.e 256 kbps. I have tried switching off the modem physically and have tried restarting it via the modem configuration page to no avail.

Don't know what the people at BSNL are upto. :wall:

Anyone Started geting 512 kbps or its just high money and no service still??? Jeez man why cant these bsnl guys learn to give service.. overpirced plans with silly speed... Anyone pls post screenshot of the 512kbps plan .. download and upload both.. Am keepin an eye on this ... if its good than will think of geting it

@WizZ: check this other thread: https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/25314-bsnl-broadband-home-plan-ul-900-home-plan-ul750-w-e-f-1-april-08-a/

Did see the other thread.. gr8 for bsnl.. but i need reviews of 1350ul plan... I've already filled the form but still havent yet started getin the service.. no marketing person has yet shown on doorsteps nor called me. I talked with the head guy at main bsnl office here in Surat and he said.. there is 1350ul plan and its already upgraded in the exchange and will be given within 10 15 days . M waiting 4 it now.. just curious about the speeds which it gives :)

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. speed 512 Kbps.
If you have a BSNL Landline and an adsl modem (not cable modem of Hathway ), get your User Id and password , instead of waiting for their technical staff . May be usual shortage of modems in BSNL.

Back