BSNL Broadband Account Hacked

• Thread starter Thread starter go4saket
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 6,717

go4saket

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi Guys!I guess my Broadband username & password has been hacked by someone. I have a 250 Basic Home plan and when I checked my log today morning, it shows a bandwidth usage of 5 GB for yesterday night.Is there any way by which I can find out who has been using my account, may that be by finding out the IP address or the telephone number which ws used to connect with my password.Please help.Thank you.

change ur passwsd immediately to avoid further Misuse by some one.

thanks many friend dilip for the vy useful information.

let me tell about mine:
i have type ii Nokia modem.
on booting the pc, i switch on the modem and click for bb connection.
once disconnecting the bb, i switch off the modem b4 shutting down.
since my modem is not wireless, hope i wud not face any problems.
am able to sit on my pc at home only for a few hrs during nite,
and since the house is under lock and key, there is no one to use my pc+modem.
only god to save me if any one hacks mine!

tks again for the onderful tips - how to communicate to bsnl et al.
jai

Hacked or not, if it shows 5 GB, you are bound to pay for that unless you prove it. First, inform BSNL authorities. A written complaint with receipt to Nodal officer and Appellate authority. Address and phone no. on the backside of your bill.
How to prove :
If the usage is through your modem, then it should have your mac address. ie, if someone hacked your account it won't have your mac address.
How to find out?
Talk to Senior Divsional Engineer (SDE) and report the hacking problem. Seek his help. Within seconds, he can check if the usage is through your account/modem or not. But if you a wireless connection, you do not have this option. Someone can easily hack into your connection and use it as it were his.
Other probabilities:
If your system is infected by a virus or malware, it will increase the download heavily. Since your connection has upto 2 Mbps speed. Download per hour will be huge.
If you do not use a dialer and you can connect simply by switching ON your modem, then even if you shutdown your computer and keep the modem ON, you will be charged.

Back