BSNL Broadband: Automatic IP change....Any Idea ????

• Thread starter Thread starter netlogixs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 12,779

netlogixs

ISP
BSNL
Guys, since past 4-5 days I have observed two strange things happening with BSNL BB.
1). BSNL assigned dynamic IP remains the same even after several reboots of the ADSL modem. This happens usually around 4 am onwards. I booted my Netgear ADSL modem 4 to 5 times and every time I get the same IP again.
2) One more thing that I have observed is the assigned dynamic IP changes suddenly. I start downloading a file and after sometime the ADSL light on the modem stops blinking and when I check the IP has changed (during this time I can surf no problems at all, I cannot find out the break in connection at all). I have given the screenshot clearly showing 2 different IP's. Please advice a way out of this.
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ipchangedf8.gif

something very similar to this is happening to me as well, while normal usage the dsl light goes OFF but then connectivity is lost until both the dsl & internet lights come back ON. but of course the ip address also changes because the websites i would be browsing ask for re authentication.....

typically bsnl changes ip every 24 hours..
I am talking of IP changing 4 times in 30 mins, how do you explain that ???

I am talking of IP changing 4 times in 30 mins, how do you explain that ???
If you lose the Internet connection (ie, if ADSL itself gets restarted), you get a new ip everytime.. It is not something like you restart your modem..

I had the same issue when my line was bad.. It was getting disconnected every now n then (Diagonistics page shows ADSL Link Down) and finally when it comes back, i get a new Public IP every time..

If you lose the Internet connection (ie, if ADSL itself gets restarted), you get a new ip everytime.. It is not something like you restart your modem..

I had the same issue when my line was bad.. It was getting disconnected every now n then (Diagonistics page shows ADSL Link Down) and finally when it comes back, i get a new Public IP every time..

There is no disconnection at all. The ADSL light remains rock steady, just that if the download is going on the light remains steady and I come to know that the downloading has stopped as the IP has got changed and when I check yes the IP has changed. BTW my connection is new just 1 month old.

My second query is not answered guys, tell me solution for ....."BSNL assigned dynamic IP remains the same even after several reboots of the ADSL modem. This happens usually around 4 am onwards. I booted my Netgear ADSL modem 4 to 5 times and every time I get the same IP again.:cry:"

Back