Still Learning
ISP
BSNL-Home 500C
hi friends
greetings

am hvg type-ii modem with Combo HomeC-500 plan;
the downloading speed of any file is

maximum 8 kbps during UL Net time of 2 am to 8 am -

and during other time, it is usually 27 kbps (maximum).

is that the right downloading speed or
any configuration problem i need to set it?

known bsnl-technicians in kolkata are of no use to educate me.

pl advise if i need take help of some other site -
to access the required site for downloading.

thanks in advance
jai

you are getting very low speeds on upto 2MBPS plan you should get atleast above 120KB/sec and max 256KB/sec

Your speeds are fine. What more are you expecting?Check your PC for Virus / Spyware. That might be slowing down your download rate.

Your speeds are fine. What more are you expecting?Check your PC for Virus / Spyware. That might be slowing down your download rate.
thanks friend iChaitanya. when i download a file it shows the speed of maximum 8 kbps during UL Net time of 2 am to 8 am -
and during other time, it is usually 27 kbps (maximum).

sincerely, i am not understanding
the speedtestnet resulthttps://www.speedtest.net/result/414373721.png
given in post 5.
pl explain to me.

Regarding, PC+Antivirus, Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been installed and regular daily uploading is done.
many a times it gives pop-ups saying some1 tried to attack ...
action deleted et al.
==========
a novice i am - always seek ur help. tks again
========
thanks to dears superprash2003 and vIjAy_kHaSa too

^ where are u getting 27 or 8 kbps? u are getting 1720 Kbps or 215 KBps (note the difference in b) which is normal for ur connex

try downloading another file and post the link of that file.. it could be that the server you are downloading from is slow!!

try downloading another file and post the link of that file.. it could be that the server you are downloading from is slow!!

i meant download a proper file from say download.com or whatever.. say a software like AVG.. and then post the download speed (transfer rate) you are getting. a screenshot would help.. wait for a while , till the transfer rate is almost a constant.and then post the link of the file ( the avg file or whatever) you have downloaded , so others can try downloading the same file and see what speed they get.

Back