bsnl broadband disconnects every now and then

• Thread starter Thread starter rocky00001
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,549

rocky00001

ISP
bsnl adsl
hi guys,i have a UL-750 plan at home......the problem is that on same days my broadband disconnects every 5 mins keep on disconnecting and there are days when it runs smooth whole day.but on average it gets disconnected every half hour....The link LEd doesnt remain solid and blinks evry now and then..hope u got me.I have asked exchange ,they said every thing was okay at their end...Yesterday i called line man.He checked the wires and the there was some rust on loose ends he cut some part and joined them again.Then it ran smooth for the whole day.I thought that the problem is cured.But today it was disconnecting so badly and i am getting frustrated........he said that the wires were fine.....And the landline isin tip top condition.So what can be the actual problem.....Is it the cables or the modem or something else....Plzz help....

the wire provided by bsnl is real worthless one , bend it a little , it will break , thats how unfliexible it is .. i too had the problem , try using the filter box , try connecting the wire with the main box ( big fat one , where the external line is fed into and you get a out let for normla telephone line) ,it is main culprit , the line to it doesnt grip well also ask your line man to check the line from street post junction to your home...

Me too was facing the same problem in today morning............so i changed the setting in modem.I unchecked the adsl & adsl2+ option in the modem under Advanced Option->DSL and now modem is working on G.Dmt mode and connection is perfectly stable for the moment !

I think all BSNL are getting hit , even i am having the same problem , disconnection , at frequent interval...

If the line man checked your line (and you did too) and there are no breaks AND your telephone works fine; the problem is certainly on BSNL's end.But in general yes; "disconnect every now and then" is sadly completely normal for BSNL. Everyone that uses BSNL will experience this; it's just that some people barely use the internet so they don't notice.Changing to G.DMT might help a bit; or using a different dns server; however both of these are GROSSLY OVERRATED on these forums.Occasional packet loss & high latency, line drops, error 674 and so on are quite common.1) BSNL does repairs without any backup servers2) BSNL wire line quality is garbage throughout3) BSNL uses very very bad (probably cheaper) routing; changes it frequently4) Lines are often choked and congestion management is awful5) Network speeds in general are quite low compared to the rest of the world

Changing to G.DMT might help a bit; or using a different dns server; however both of these are GROSSLY OVERRATED on these forums.

You seem to think so that these are highly overrated, but here is what my experience/proof is -

I am using G.dmt mode from 2 days and as u can see an unbelievably stable connection for as long as 14-15 hours & then too switched pc off.

What I have done is Unchecked ADSL2 & ADSL2+ options from the router setting and kept TR-069 client enabled (When i disabled it, I was required to manually uncheck ADSL2 option on every modem reboot, so keep it enabled).

This is the very same connection which used to disconnect every 30 min./1/2 hrs. earlier and now stable like rock. Will update further If it keeps the same way or not.

me too facing such problem and when requested BSNL, always popular answer " distance from exchange is 5km"............................

Though distance of 5 km is quite big though, u can try the steps that i did, & see if it improves stability of the connection or not ! It may work or it may not !

Back