BSNL Broadband: how to port forward zte zxdsl 831 ii v5.5

Hello brutalassasin, I'm also using the same modem as you.
Your modem might be configured in the bridge mode, just you need to change it to PPPOE mode.

yes if you are usign bridge mode these configuration will not be available, as i already mentioned my step 1

and if you are using bridge mode, no port forwarding require. Bridge mode (dialup like), is more easy to manage. connect/disconnect, scheduling of bridge mode is also easy. No need to reboot modem at 02:00am and 08:00am for night u/l.

so if you do not have some special purpose, using bridge mode is a good option.

the obvious purpose is torrentsplzz can u explain why is rebooting required...i am really noviceto these things

See.

If u have BSNL BB and the plan is Unlimited like 256kbps UL or 512kbps UL. u do not need to reboot your modem.

but if you have
1. BSNL BB with only Night Unlimited 02:00am to 08:00am free.
2. Always ON Connection (PPPOE)

and you start download at 02:00 am after restarting your modem.
at 02:00 am a new session starts which BSNL register as session starting at 02:00am thats mean Night UL time is started, and you download upto 02:15am (for example). and in these 15 minutes you download say 200MBytes.
These 200MB are not counted in your Day Time limits (which are very less say 1.5GB per month or 2.5GB pre month) and your day time limit is untouched

but......but.....but.....

u start download at 02:00 am without restarting your modem.
thats mean a new session is not started, and session is already going on.

say your session has started at 01:45am, BSNL register session time at 01:45am, you start download at 02:00am and download upto 02:15, total download is again 200MB.

how BSNL will calculate your data usage for whole session,
it will distribute total download from 01:45 to 02:15 (half hrs) and previous 15 min (01:45 to 02:00) it will charge 100MB from your day limit, thats way you will loose your day time data even you have not downloaded anything before 02:00am

thats is the reason to start a new session in ALWAYS ON mode you have to restart your modem (in always on mode internet connection is established between BSNL Server and Your Modem even your PC is off)

same situation is for 08:00am so you have to reboot your modem at 08:00 am to stop session for night unlimited time.

the obvious purpose is torrents

if you are dialing through pc to connect broadband (bridge mode) you only have to configure firewall to allow bittorrent client. no need to port forward in this case.

you can not port forward through modem in bridge mode (dialup like) as your modem is not configured as Router in this mode.

Please post some screen shots of your modem configuration pages.
i want to compare your modem with my modem which is zxdsl 831AII, chipset version E.37.7.37

I am having an internet connection from a local ISP called "TOUCHNET". He gives connection by a Netgear router through switch. I am not able to portforward apps. Neither I am able to open "192.168.1.1". My download speed rangesfrom 1 kbps to 10 kbps.My bandwidth is 128 kbps.Various speed test give different result however when I upload files on link-removed upload speed reaches upto 180 kbps. I am using Windows 7. What shall I do. Please help. Also tell me if i am getting optimm speed?

If you cannot access the adsl modem or router, you cannot change settings for Port forward.Give details of the adsl modem or router, model/make/number.Or in Browser check your IP. If it is not a Private Lan addresstype it in IE address bar.A new window MAY open asking UserID/PW to access the modem/router. default admin admin usually. If the company has changed it , nothing can be doneYou should get a BSNL Broadband connection.

Thanks for your assistance.
But my problem is not yet solved.
My ISP is : Touchnet
Router make: Netgear
As I told earlier I have internet connection by switch I don't have physical access to router to check its model no. My Service provider is not telling me the model no.
When I typed my ip address in IE
It simply gave a message;
"ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrievedWhile trying to retrieve the URL: http://xxx.xx.xx.xx.com/
The following error was encountered:

[*]Connection Failed
[/list] The system returned:
(110) Connection timed out The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
Your cache administrator is [unknown]."

Please Help.

Back