BSNL Broadband is not working

• Thread starter Thread starter maupanku
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,314

maupanku

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I am new to forum. I am not able to connect with my BSNL broadband since last week.My modem is ZXDSL 831AII. Pl help.

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/#post155604
In WAN page VPI/VCI 0 35 PPP/PPPoE your Id without @ bsnl.in password
select "always on " Idle time 0 save and reboot. see above thread for full instructions.
You ONLY can edit the tag column appearing above. Please add ZXdsl-831aii. The if you enter this in "tags" you will get lot of other threads about your modem.

I need some help regarding the setup of Sterlite ADSL modem that came with bsnl dataone connection.

I had a ZTE ZXDSL 831 ii modem (from Reliance broadnet). And I recently applied for BSNL Broadband(3 days ago.. waiting). So I wanted to check how good my ZXDSL modem works with BSNL.So i tried it with my friend's bsnl connection I tried the steps given in this link
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/#post155604

..(Those steps are for ZTE ZXDSL 831 aii modem)
and I was not able to connect.

In all this process, we didnot alter anything on the modem that came with the BSNL(Sterlite ADSL modem).

so, unable to conect with my modem, we reconnected the system with the Sterlite modem. Now the connection is showing a limited connectivity(still able to connect to internet) and we felt like the internet speed dropped a lot.

Is there a possibility of such a case like when we change our modem, we should change any settings in the system??

Please help me out..

Does,at any time, the BSNL connection show a limited connectivity?

1.https://broadband.forum/tata-indicom-broadband/9112-help-need-configure-tata-indicom-modem/#post162394

2. SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU
select your modem from main menu

3. Go to tinypic.com in Search type dataone. some screen shots available there.

4. Settings in WAN page. vpi/vci 0 35 ( most important ) PPP/PPPoE userid without @ bsnl.in password
always on dhcp enabled etc.

In computer

DNS use 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 in TCP/IP properties.

Select assign Ip address automatically.

5. After setting up the modem , if still unsuccessful post this info
start run cmd type ipconfig/all

Bhaisaheb : Thanks. Please confirm which modem worked. Both or only one?Copy the settings in a notebook.

My problem with Smart AX MT882 ADSL modem is solved now..
Can you please help me configure ZXDSL 831 ii modem..

Some of the options that are available in the settings page of ZXDSL 831 aii modem (as seen in screenshots) are absent in my modem settings page..

I'll post the screen shots of my modem's settings pages with in an hour..

thanks for helping with the smart ax mt882 modem

@maupanku Thanks. Sorry. You have only one modem . I mixed up with @bhargava. who has two modems. Recheck settings in ZXDSL 831Aii. see post by @maupanku. Anyway will wait for your feedback.

I uploaded the screenshots of my modem's settings page.
(Modem: ZTE ZXDSL 831ii make:apr 2007)
I long pressed the Reset button and rebooted the device as instructed.
and took these screen shots
I logged in with Username: admin Password : admin
No other combination worked

Please guide me to set my modem to work for bsnl broadband

Internet Configuration Page

There is no ADD button in the settings page.
I feel like i should edit the settings of PVC Name: br_8_35

I think posting images here would burden the server.. so i'm giving the links of other screen shots of other settings..

ADSL settings under WAN Tab

Firmware details

Do I need to check for any firmware upgrades?

Please help me...

And another doubt is How many days do BSNL take to give me a new Broadband connection(approx.)?

Back