BSNL Broadband Modem DNA A211-I

Is your's a wifi modem (does it have an antenna ?). If yes, simply enable wireless in the " Wireless " page of your modem. If not a wifi modem, you need to either get a router or a wifi modem plus router from BSNL. You can get it for Rs. 80 per month rent or Rs.1,600 outright purchase.

Nice. Hope you are trying to connect it through WiFi. If either using WiFi or ethernet cable, you do not need to install any driver.

To do

1. Configure your modem in PPPoE mode.

2. Enable DHCP in your modem.

3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection (for both machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

Which mode are you in ? PPPoE or Bridge ? In PPPoE you can connect to internet just by switching ON the modem. Whereas in dialer/bridge mode, you need to click " Connect " on a dialer where you have entered the ID and password.

To enable WiFi, try this

1. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser.

2. ID and password is admin.

3. In the LHS panel, you will find an option called " Wireless ", in that page, you will find an option to enable/disable WiFi. You can choose any encryption (I have WPA2) from the " security " page in LHS panel.

Hope this will help. If still in doubt, post a screen shot of the Wireless and menu page of modem.

Nice. Hope you are trying to connect it through WiFi. If either using WiFi or ethernet cable, you do not need to install any driver.

To do

3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection (for both machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

Which mode are you in ? PPPoE or Bridge ? In PPPoE you can connect to internet just by switching ON the modem. Whereas in dialer/bridge mode, you need to click " Connect " on a dialer where you have entered the ID and password.

To enable WiFi, try this

1. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser.

2. ID and password is admin.

3. In the LHS panel, you will find an option called " Wireless ", in that page, you will find an option to enable/disable WiFi. You can choose any encryption (I have WPA2) from the " security " page in LHS panel.

Hope this will help. If still in doubt, post a screen shot of the Wireless and menu page of modem.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Dear meetdilip, I got connected to the broadband with my laptop but at the sametime I got disconnected from my PC? Can't I get connected to my laptop and PC simultaneously? Pl reply. Thanks. Vikas.

Are you sure you followed this

To do

Double check and confirm.

Still to answer : Your connection mode - PPPoE or Bridge ?

Presume you are trying to connect your desktop using ethernet cable and laptop using WiFi

Can you see SSID (wireless connection name like " BSNL_AP ") in the wireless connections of your laptop ? Means, is your laptop able to identify your wireless connection ?

Normally the error you mention come if DHCP is not enabled in the modem or " Obtain IP address automatically " is not set.

How many LAN ports are there in your modem ? If more than one, try connecting laptop using another ethernet cable and check if both are working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig/all, post the screen shot for both machines.

I am using a BSNL broadband with my PC very well. How can I use it with my laptop. Please help.
(1)
Go to Management and BACKUP present settings to say C:/My Documents/DNA in lan mode
(2)
see the "sticky" post WA3002_g4 quick reference here.
Similar model. Links with screen shots etc available for wifi set up.
Enable DHCP ( In lan page ) as suggested above.
Try without Security key first. Check Laptop works in wifi mode without any cable connection.

Back