• Thread starter Thread starter reachbala
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,503

reachbala

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,

I have a BSNL Home Plan 250 connection. The modem used is UT-300R2U. The speed was good till last month. I use USB for the data transfer between modem and PC (I dont have Ethernet card in my PC). Suddenly, the speed has gone down heavily. Not even a 2 MB file gets downloaded. Below are the resolutions already taken.

1. I had Win 98 and thinking if some virus must have come in, formatted HDD and now installed Win 2K SP4. Even then there was no change in broadband speed.
2. Contacted BSNL fellows directly by going to the exchange, they checked the Modem/Router configuration at http://192.168.1.2 and told there is no issue in the Telephone Line or Modem, it could be system issue.
3. Connected my friends laptop to my Modem through his Ethernet card and the speed was good. I could not check USB because the driver CD given to me by BSNL was not working on his laptop (it gives some error on installing the drivers). He has WinXP on his laptop. There could not be an issue with my USB ports as the Pen drives are working fine in that ports...

The biggest issue is its not that Internet is not working, some sites work, some others dont, the IE/Mozilla keep loading the page endlessly. Also, with sites that have large amount of images, some images load and others never load...Main issue is "DOWNLOAD NEVER HAPPENS". It just starts and remains idle....I am totally held up unable to resolve this issue for past one month. PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP

My properties on TCP/IP have "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Automatically" on the settings. BSNL fellows try to give all the IP/DNS address to see if it works, but its still in same state...

I AM LEFT WITH NO CLUE ON WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE....HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE ? I HAVE ALSO TRIED 1800 424 1600 BUT NO ONE ATTENDS !! PLEASE HELP TO RESOLVE GUYSSSSS......:wall:

Regards,
Balaji (From Chennai)

Some sites are opening and some not??? Then it may be dns problem. Try opendns server. after formatting the drive have you installed your USB driver.

@reachbala
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
formatted HDD and now installed Win 2K SP4.
a buggy OS as per reports.
A rash step.Could have checked for virus/spyware or posted the problem in IBF earlier.. No use crying over split milk.
Para two : modem UT-300R2U. USB port only
1..Go to UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
( if not available see IndiaBroadband WIKI page listed on top here )
2.Download the USB drivers to C:/IBF usb drivers. or to Desktop.
3.Uninstall all old drivers.
4.connect the modem. Start computer and let OS detect the modem. Load drivers from above location.
5. Use enter in TCP/IP page Open DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 ( for all ISP's)
6. Report back +ve or -ve.

Hi InfoInn, I am not sure on what is meant by "open dns" server ? Could you highlight more on it ? Yes I did install the modem drivers after getting Win2K into my machine.Hi essbebe, I did not format just because broadband was slow...There were lot of other issues in my PC like none of the video files run, in win 98 tht blue screen comes up with fatal exception error occurred lot of times etc...Also I installed Win 2k SP2 first, since net was still slow, I installed SP4 to see if it resolves !!! I am very new to IBF, just searched in google for BB forums and entered here now as its a month long pending issue...I actually installed back Win 98 only but I got lot of issues still after that like display settings getting corrupted, rundll error, video files still not running etc...I JUST GOT FED UP, so installed Win 2k now....but no use with respect to BB speed... And as per your comment, you have asked me to download the USB drivers from some location...but basic problem is DOWNLOAD only...Is there any other alternative for this ?? Pls help... Regarding Open DNS should i give that in TCP/IP properties and enabling "Use following DNS server" details along with "Use IP address automatically" option ???

"Regarding Open DNS should i give that in TCP/IP properties and enabling "Use following DNS server" details along with "Use IP address automatically" option ???"
Yes. Please try.
All of us are here to help you, and please don't mind my additional comments. about OS.
1.If you can check Network/Lan/Properties try a repair option.
2. Or check ipconfig/all . Gateway 192.168.1.1 .
3. In modem did you enter your ID without @ bsnl.in this is important. enable DHCP.
4. Check the diagnostics page in the modem.
5You are connected. only d/l surfing/speed problems.
6. In modem if facility is there change MTU to 1492 0r 1480 and try.

PS : What is your location in Chennai ?

Can you register for a NETONE connection as standby .
CLI based accountless Internet - Chennai telephones

[*]Select My Computer \" Click Dialup Networking\" Click Make New Connection \" Enter Your name and then enter the dialup access code '172222' \"click Finish
[*]Click the Icon containing your name and in the dialup box \" Enter the user id as 'netone' and password as 'netone' \"Account free internet site will be accessed\" .Open your browser and type URL as NETONE - BSNL Menus will be displayed at the top as Register & My Account.

[/list]Very easy. No payments. ( good old dialup 1 MB in 4 or 5 minutes ideal conditions ) for comparison.

Will try these IP addresses DNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 and see...Have posted comments below... 1.If you can check Network/Lan/Properties try a repair option.Will try this tonight at home... 2. Or post ipconfig/all .Will post this tommorrow 3. In modem did you enter your ID without @ bsnl.in this is important.Yes it is without "@bsnl.in" only..Even BSNL guys checkd it.. 4. Check the diagnostics page in the modem.Will do it and post again... 5. Are you using a dialer " bridged"? Change to "alwayson "PPP/PPPoE mode .It is in "PPP/PPPoE" mode only...5You are connected. only d/l surfing/speed problems.Yes exactly...6. In modem if facility is there change MTU to 1492 0r 1480 and try.There is a facility and its configured to 1492 now

My PC is pretty old yaar...Cant install Win XP in it... I tried the Open DNS servers 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 but still of no use !!!And below are the details for the TCP/IP properties...BSNL guys asked me to put below details and try,IP = 192.168.1.12Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0Default Gateway = 192.168.1.2Preferred DNS = 218.248.240.24Alternate DNS = 218.248.255.145Even after changing the above it did not resolve, As of now I have set "Obtain IP address & DNS automatically" in the Properties and below details come up in ipconfig/allIP = 192.168.1.3Subnet = 255.255.255.0Default Gateway = 192.168.1.2DHCP Server = 192.168.1.2DNS Server = 192.168.1.2 Please help....

Back