BSNL Broadband to FTTH

ISP
BSNL
Hi Gurus,

This is my first post in IBF. Please provide me some gyan on BSNL FTTH.

I am a "loyal" customer of BSNL since 1982 (well!! my Grand Father took the connection :) ). I subscribed for broadband since 2010. Since then I have been struggling to get stable and reliable connectivity believing that tomorrow I will get better connection, but "Tomorrow never dies". Till now I am managing with the speeds of 1 to 2 Mbps speeds though my peers are using 100 Mbps. Well! what to do!!! have become very loyal to BSNL.... Have become a habit of running to BSNL telephone exchanges very often to get the problem solved and you know their answers..... "Its lunch time and I will attend after having lunch", "the line man is on leave", "JTO is in meeting and wait for some", bla bla bla....
I got to know that existing BSNL Landline customers having broadband have the provision to change to BSNL FTTH provided there is a "Feasibility" at my location (Bengaluru - 560002), and this is my last hope with BSNL. I am in such a terrible situation whether to swallow or to vomit.

As BSNL staffs are not providing credible info, please enlighten me with BSNL FTTH.
1.) Do I need to pay any extra charges for CPE and Installation?
2.) What is the type of equipment they are providing?..... Alphion AONT-100C 2.5G/1.25G GPON ONT. Hard to understand the networking in terminologies even being a B.Tech in E&C, as I am involved filling Excel sheets....
3.) What is the OLT being used at BSNL telephone exchanges and what is the ONT/ONU that I need to purchase (GPON or EPON).
4.) Are these ONTs coming with wifi router?
5.) Does it work with ADSL modem. As I already have D-Link DSL-2750U, I don't like to spend more on piling up electronic garbage as I already have Nokia Siemens Modem with Single antenna, another modem that doesn't have wifi donated by my friend, another with Airtel Modem (Doomed :( by Airtel Xstream Fiber and they provided mere copper connection with 8 Mbps speed for 40 Mbps plan).

I will be really grateful if you folks can spare sometime and provide me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

Get "GEPON modem with single port(prefer gigabit port for future) without wifi " and you can use your adsl modem as wifi router by disabling its dhcp (i used my adsl modem back then in that way, but now i forgot how to do that). And i assume your adsl router only supports upto 300mbps speed so if you elect plan <=100mpbs you are fine with this setup.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your valuable reply. I saw this Alphion AONT-100C 2.5G/1.25G GPON ONT in BSNL exchange. Not sure if they can provide GEPON modem. I am new to this field. Hard to understand these terminologies.
And Yes, I select a plan <=100 Mbps. I have been running internet with 1 to 2 Mbps. So if I get constant 50 Mbps, I will be much content.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Back