BSNL Broadband: ULD 1350 plan --> actual bandwidth ?

• Thread starter Thread starter bhojv74
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,863
Okay here is the update, a lady called and she said she has updated my profile and asked me to test the download speed, which was now around 70kb Vs 50kb on saturday, so she says see the speed has doubled this is the best that is available on copper. I again countered that I was getting a download speed of 190kb with my 1100ULF 2mb plan, now i've shifted to 1350 4mb so the speed shud go down or up? So she says that i'll forward the call to the line man to take it forward, I told her that the line man has infact come on saturday and replaced the internal wiring, he came today to cross check and found everything was alright at his front, so she said I've done everything that was possible from my end. I checked the ADSL line speed, which now connecting at 5995 downstream and 839 upstream. Has SNR margin of 12 & 10 (down/up streams). Thus I believe that she has infact changed the cap to 4mbps or even more. but bottomline, my speed test is still not showing anything more than 1.5mbps download. I tried rebooting the modem various times.EDIT: Slowly the download speed has incread to 190KB, i.e. it seems i'm back to atleast my earlier speed of 2mb, but wtf, i'm still paying for 4mb.EDIT: FK, my bad, i just remembered I was also running a traffic shaper on my firewall, I removed it and voila, 3.3mbps downlaod! So it seems the reason of low speed was both my fault as well as BSNL's, as they too still had the 2mb cap on the port.EDIT: I now have a download speed of 470-510 KB :beauty: Thanks guys for showing me the right direction.

Back