BSNL Broadband: urgent help required

• Thread starter Thread starter sumatrix9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 8,603

sumatrix9

ISP
bsnl
hi am from mysore.am using bsnl's home 500c+ plan.in the recent days i've noticed that there has been data transfers from my connection even when my modem was shut off and my pc was in hibernate mode. i use imran's broadband to shut down my modem.when i contacted the engineer they said that since my connection was an old one it did not have a bound ip(static ip) and asked me to change the password.so i changed the password and even now its happening. is anyone other than me facing the same problem?pl reply soon as i am always crossing my data usage limit due to this data transfers. i am using bsnl's type 2 modem(the one with a wifi router and 4 ethernet ports) i've also uploaded the image file

If you have set up wireless Network , it is probably unsecured.
Move the Modem/router away from window side ! or disable it.
Post IPconfig/all data.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all
Are you using dialer or "alwaysOn" connection ?

i've also uploaded the image file
link not seen. Upload at (http ://) tinypic.com

am using an always on connection.will that affect? because if i shut down the modem then it means that no data is/can be transferred.right?

here is the link

or http://i34.tinypic.com/2s00n14.jpg

also this is not the only time this problem is occurring.this used to happen in my type 1 modem too.i recognized it now cos the amount of data illegally transferred nowadays has become high.also i've disabled the wireless option.

shutdown the modem?? are you sure??? or do you mean reboot the modem??shutdown as in the modem switches off??as essbebe mentioned ensure that wifi is disabled..your script doesnt seem to work..looking at your logs, you havent rebooted at anytime around 2 and again at 8.. your logs say that there was session between 8pm the previous night and around 7am in the morning.. sowhatever you downloaded since 2am would be charged.. you then have another session between approx 7am to 12pm so again anything downloaded till 8am would be charged..

doesn disabling the sid/nid shut down the modem?
how do i solve this problem?

shutdown the modem?? are you sure??? or do you mean reboot the modem??shutdown as in the modem switches off??as essbebe mentioned ensure that wifi is disabled..your script doesnt seem to work..looking at your logs, you havent rebooted at anytime around 2 and again at 8.. your logs say that there was session between 8pm the previous night and around 7am in the morning.. sowhatever you downloaded since 2am would be charged.. you then have another session between approx 7am to 12pm so again anything downloaded till 8am would be charged..

also the magic thing is i was never at home on the above mentioned date in the service records.am using auto power on scheduler for torrents and imran's broadband helper for switching on/off the modem.is the procedure am following right? i've not enabled use modem reboot service in imran's broadband helper.i've just enabled the enable nic during free time and disable nic during peak time.

Explain where you want to do this.
Post screen shot of that modem page.
Most users/contributers cannot have all the modem/routers,
to answer off hand queries like this.
Para two :i've disabled the wireless option
If still you see wireless network available click "connect" ,
under Network, in your laptop wifi is still active.
Message should be No wireless network available within Range.
Disturb the settings in wireless setup.
Post Ipconfig/all.

imran's broadband to shut down my modem
reset the program say ON at 1220AM and off at 1230AM. now. Test whether Internet connection is lost.

Explain where you want to do this.
Post screen shot of that modem page.
Most users/contributers cannot have all the modem/routers,
to answer off hand queries like this.
Para two :
If still you see wireless network available click "connect" ,
under Network, in your laptop wifi is still active.
Message should be No wireless network available within Range.
Disturb the settings in wireless setup.
Post Ipconfig/all.

reset the program say ON at 1220AM and off at 1230AM. now. Test whether Internet connection is lost.

i cannot see any wireless network.i tested the line.the internet connection was lost after the program gave the off command.here is the modem screenshot:

or

for the imran broadband helper.
Check usage for next two days and give feedback.

Also BSNL has the MAC address recorded in the usage portal. ( as reported in this forum)
If you suspect the d/l is not yours complain to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem: Link not working. - India Broadband Forum
for the imran broadband helper.
Check usage for next two days and give feedback.

Also BSNL has the MAC address recorded in the usage portal. ( as reported in this forum)
If you suspect the d/l is not yours complain to them.

thanks for the reply.can you suggest the correct settings for all the tabs(time,nic,modem,connectivity,misc) of imran's??just want to make sure i've done all the things right

one more query.i just want to the know the reason for so many connections and disconnections between 17:00 and 21:00(in the picture above).cos as i said earlier i was not even present in the house to use the internet

i've noticed a new problem today.when i give the modem reboot option in imran's, the modem reboots but then after that the internet connection is lost.then i manually need to open the router's page an then reboot again from it.what might be the problem ?

Back