BSNL Broadband Users:: Quick Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter macboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,634
I would still suggest getting a separate Netgear 802.11g router and a good adsl modem. The price for both items will be less than the price for the adsl netgear router. Other than that, its upto you.

Hi macboy and others,I'm using D-Link 502T ADSL Router. It's pretty cheap (Rs.2500).I'm running it on DataOne.It's configured in Annex A and is working fine !Also please note that the companies configure the firmware based on the location of sale. So annex mode is set accordingly and the firmware of modem bought from outside might not match indian standards ! :ph34r:

You could get a brand new 802.11b/g wireless router off eBay or CircuitCity or something for about $15. That's about Rs. 650. But again, Wifi is not something that is widely used in almost every household in India, so getting one here could be a little more expensive.

The sites u mention dont sell brand new stuff but used stuff as they are auction sites. I chekced the prices at compusa and its 60 USD for the basic model and thats 2500-2600 bucks while in India the same costs 6000-6500 of D-Link.

Back