BSNL Broadband: UTStarcom WA3002G4 port forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter erasurfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 31,874

erasurfer

ISP
BSNL Dataone
I've been supplied with UTStarcom's WA3002G4 Modem.I use torrents a lot. So one problem I face is I can't forward any ports directly using the router setup. Is there any way I can manually forward any TCP port so as to get better speeds in p2p?:wall::confused:

I've been supplied with UTStarcom's WA3002G4 Modem.
I use torrents a lot. So one problem I face is I can't forward any ports directly using the router setup. Is there any way I can manually forward any TCP port so as to get better speeds in p2p?:wall::confused:

hir arvik

it is pretty simple actually donno y this is a problem I find so often on forums:wall::redface:

1. login to the modem by going to http://192.168.1.1
2. login and password by default are admin are admin
then go to advanded setup>nat>dmz host and enter the system ip there this would most often be 192.168.1.2 but u need to check it just in case

to check ip go to the command prompt and then type ipconfig/all and take the values from there shown against ip address

I get speeds of 35kb in Bangalore and close to 50kb in mysore with this config this also works on the wireless as I have tried it on my Lappy too

have fun:thumbsup:

hir arvik

it is pretty simple actually donno y this is a problem I find so often on forums:wall::redface:

1. login to the modem by going to http://192.168.1.1
2. login and password by default are admin are admin
then go to advanded setup>nat>dmz host and enter the system ip there this would most often be 192.168.1.2 but u need to check it just in case

to check ip go to the command prompt and then type ipconfig/all and take the values from there shown against ip address

I get speeds of 35kb in Bangalore and close to 50kb in mysore with this config this also works on the wireless as I have tried it on my Lappy too

have fun:thumbsup:
u just made my day :yahoo: .... thanx a lot !!
i went thru all the registration process here just to say that :)

/members/deepujacob/Welcome to Broadbandforum.inEnsure you have an effective firewall and Anti virus program.Access via DMZ is not normally recommended.

/members/deepujacob/

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Ensure you have an effective firewall and Anti virus program.
Access via DMZ is not normally recommended.
yea... i do have a security suite .... so its fine rite?

^ yup, ensure its always on to prevent virus/trojans/bugs attacking your system. just be a bit more careful since you are using DMZ.

^ yup, ensure its always on to prevent virus/trojans/bugs attacking your system. just be a bit more careful since you are using DMZ.

ok.. now ur scaring me .. wat the hell is this DMZ? n y does it make me more vulnerable?

Demilitarized Zone .. that is DMZWell.. Once you do DMZ, your computer can be accessed from anywhere using softwares... It is more vulnerable to Trojans and other viruses. If you have a good firewall, then you can use DMZ. In one word, all the ports are forwarded to this particular PC ! So, if ports are open, there is a chance of vulnerability ! I do that only when i have lots of services running in that computer Like webpage , torrent, ftp server, some online radio stuff... if you just need one or two applications, you neednot open all the ports blindly !!I say, if you have a firewall, then you can DMZ (if no other solution exists)

Back