BSNL Broadband: UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 Wi-Fi woes

satanlair911

ISP
BSNL Dataone Home 500 C+
Hi,I've got a BSNL Home 500 C+ connection in PPPoE mode working like a charm with my PC till now.Trouble started when I bought a laptop and decided to give the WLAN a try; ran into the WLAN-disconnection-few-seconds-after-rebooting-router problem that has been discussed in previous threads in this and other forums but with no solutions.Here's what happened:2010 is here and BSNL still hasn't got their billing figured out, therefore the 2AM router reboots.The WLAN (WPA2-PSK encryption with MAC filtering) connection simply disconnects a few seconds after reconnecting, after the reboot.Have managed to find a workaround; that involves toggling the wireless to OFF (uncheck wireless radio button on wireless--basic page and click save/apply in the router settings) and then back to ON (check wireless radio button on wireless--basic page and click save/apply in the router settings) after the router has rebooted. After doing this WLAN works till the need for a reboot again.Does anyone have a cleaner, less painful solution to this?tyx

I've also used the save/reboot button in the management--reboot section of the router settings each time I have enabled wireless, but the problem remains unresolved.Seems there's a bug with the WA3002G4 router that to use wireless one must disable and then enable wireless manually from the wireless--basic section in the router settings. Once the router is rebooted, wireless remains connected for a few seconds and then just drops off.Here's Device Info for your information:BoardID: 96338WSoftware Version: 1132_061507-3.08L.BSNL_02.Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-8.7Firmware Version: WA3002G4-0021.01Hardware Version: WA3002G4 1.0Model Name: WA3002G4Wireless Driver Version: 3.131.35.6.cpe2.0a.sIs there a firmware patch that can fix this annoying problem?

Please post the following information:OS used. WLAN card details. Whether driver can be restored to old version.

Back